Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

You are correct. I had hoped that they would mention the fossil display in my shop, but no such luck!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You are corect. I had hoped that they would mention the fossil display in my shop, but no such luck!

Me too :( but lacking this mention I upload now th phot of my Archaeopteryx (this is not a bird...) the 17 or 18 I think, at least that's why I payed.... :P

post-41-1214746743_thumb.jpg

Looks familiar...

post-423-1214747295_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

The picture in the article is much better than the one in the Post Office :P

• 4 weeks later...

Ive rearranged some of my fossils and bought a couple easles. Let me know what you think. Id also like to see others how you display your fossils.

post-623-1216949949_thumb.jpg

Definition of a fossil= Love at first site.

Bumping this up, since new members have asked...

Wow Just Wow. I checked everyones displays and I was drooling lol. I guess we all want our own little museum.

Hello everybody

I have twoo glass case's and some chest of drawers

Here are some pictures of me collection.

Cor

post-150-1216996109_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996136_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996145_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996237_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996257_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996264_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996322_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996343_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996350_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996400_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996411_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996429_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996437_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996456_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996465_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996485_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996494_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996502_thumb.jpg

post-150-1216996540_thumb.jpg

Fantastic collection Sharklover! Looks like you do more than love sharks though :D

To misquote Aldo Leupold: "(He) loves all fossils, but is in love with sharks".

Sharklover - truly an inspiring collection. Is that some sort of tube fish I see? :wub:

Hello everybody

I have twoo glass case's and some chest of drawers

Here are some pictures of me collection.

Cor

Sharklover: That is one most impressive collection - a great diversity of very nice material. How long has it taken you to put

this collection together?? :P:D

Seeing all these displays makes me wish I started collecting fossils sooner. I only started collecting fossils last year. Very nice displays everyone.

Seeing all these displays makes me wish I started collecting fossils sooner. I only started collecting fossils last year.

Give yourself a break! There are folks on this board who have been collecting, continuously, for 40 years. Ask any of them what they had to show after their first year; you're doing great!

Guest bmorefossil

my first year was harsh, only got out on 3 or 4 trips but did good, found a broken 5" meg, a broken 3.5" meg and my first whole meg at 2 1/4" and once i got use to it the teeth started coming, now in my 4 year i have 72 megs!!!! and much much more

• 4 months later...

Heres a cabinet that I set up at rocks shows and sell. I used to own a furniture manufacturing company.

I have these for sale on my web site. They are lighted on the head with strip lighting. Curved glass, Oak

Swede leather. Specimen drawers on the bottom and sides.

post-1026-1229997804_thumb.jpg

post-1026-1229997828_thumb.jpg

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Guest bmorefossil
Heres a cabinet that I set up at rocks shows and sell. I used to own a furniture manufacturing company.

I have these for sale on my web site. They are lighted on the head with strip lighting. Curved glass, Oak

Swede leather. Specimen drawers on the bottom and sides.

very nice, i need to update mine, just added and change a bunch of stuff

ok here is a new set up, and my dog is in there for some reason lol

Man you have a lot of teeth. Did you ever think of putting an entire jaw together for a display?

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Guest bmorefossil
Man you have a lot of teeth. Did you ever think of putting an entire jaw together for a display?

well its funny you say that, i thought that someone would ask me why i have thousands of hemis. on the desk, my current project is making a jaw then put it in that empty case

man, i just read the blurb from auspex above that there are people on the board who've been collecting continuously for forty years. that's darned scary. i'd end up forgettin' where all the mini-warehouses were that i had the stuff in. prolly have to buy about 87 of dave's cases. can't you just see ole dave pullin' up to route 3, box 4, liberty, texas and tryin' to avoid all them dogs that would pour out from under the porch on that back mobile home as he hollered out, "billy ray, you gonna have to tie up yore dang dogs ifn you want these here display cases set up in that pole barn over there!" then bout the time i got the dogs under control, he'd be meetin' mr. rooster, who thinks the san antonio spurs were named after him.

lotta drama in life, and i try to create my share of it...

Guest bmorefossil
Give yourself a break! There are folks on this board who have been collecting, continuously, for 40 years. Ask any of them what they had to show after their first year; you're doing great!

yea your doing fine, after my first year i had only 5 whole megs and i had all my fossils in one case, i also had Epiphyses in the case (=