Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

man, i just read the blurb from auspex above that there are people on the board who've been collecting continuously for forty years. that's darned scary. i'd end up forgettin' where all the mini-warehouses were that i had the stuff in. prolly have to buy about 87 of dave's cases. can't you just see ole dave pullin' up to route 3, box 4, liberty, texas and tryin' to avoid all them dogs that would pour out from under the porch on that back mobile home as he hollered out, "billy ray, you gonna have to tie up yore dang dogs ifn you want these here display cases set up in that pole barn over there!" then bout the time i got the dogs under control, he'd be meetin' mr. rooster, who thinks the san antonio spurs were named after him.

lotta drama in life, and i try to create my share of it...

Gee, I been collectin for near on 46 years.(Since I was 9) aybe I need to hook up with some old timers like me to keep me busy durin the winter

months. 87 cabinets wouldn't be done by dig season.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Guest bmorefossil
Gee, I been collectin for near on 46 years.(Since I was 9) aybe I need to hook up with some old timers like me to keep me busy durin the winter

months. 87 cabinets wouldn't be done by dig season.

very cool, i have no space, my sister has 2 rooms i only have one, she gets my bathroom and thats turned into her bedroom and then she gets the large room for all of her stuff, i think that will change soon, that room will be mine, well for my fossils at least. Right now i have a fossil/bed room, so does that make it a fossil bed. haha i crack myself up

I love all of your collections! I'M still waiting to get my picts from my dad I thought he would have sent them to me by now. Most of my collection is scattered throughout my house and the bigger stuff is lining my flower beds out front.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest bmorefossil
I love all of your collections! I'M still waiting to get my picts from my dad I thought he would have sent them to me by now. Most of my collection is scattered throughout my house and the bigger stuff is lining my flower beds out front.

cool, cant wait for pictures, we have fossils everywhere as well, but most are in my room

Heres a cabinet that I set up at rocks shows and sell. I used to own a furniture manufacturing company.

I have these for sale on my web site. They are lighted on the head with strip lighting. Curved glass, Oak

Swede leather. Specimen drawers on the bottom and sides.

I would love one of those how do I find your web site?

ok here is a new set up, and my dog is in there for some reason lol

Alright thats it, I have to move to Maryland!!!

click on this link

http://home.earthlink.net/~paleodigs

When you get to the web site. Click on Paleodigs stores

Then click on Cabinets.

I am looking at redesigning the cabinets a little.

I have sold hundreds of these through the years but I am thinking about adding a curved glass panel down each side, that

wraps back around to the wall and a type of double curved glass at the top as well.

I have it in my head. Just haven't put it down on paper yet.

I will look very cool.

click on this link

Then click on Cabinets.

I have sold hundreds of these through the years but I am thinking about adding a curved glass panel down each side, that

wraps back around to the wall and a type of double curved glass at the top as well.

I will look very cool.

Cool ,thank you very much. I'll check it out and be in touch.

Guest solius symbiosus
very cool, i have no space, my sister has 2 rooms i only have one, she gets my bathroom and thats turned into her bedroom and then she gets the large room for all of her stuff, i think that will change soon, that room will be mine, well for my fossils at least. Right now i have a fossil/bed room, so does that make it a fossil bed. haha i crack myself up

Warehouse space can be had fairly cheaply. I rent one for all the stuff I collect(fossils, maps, books...ect.), unfortunately, it is in a city in which I used to live, so I haven't seen the stuff in several years.

Warehouse space can be had fairly cheaply. I rent one for all the stuff I collect(fossils, maps, books...ect.), unfortunately, it is in a city in which I used to live, so I haven't seen the stuff in several years.

I am forunate enough ,that the garage has been designated my space. And I am determined to fill it up!

We are an outdoorsy family as you can see...the wife and son helped me put away a rack of wild pork ribs tonight for dinner.

OK, I have never seen this post before.

This is a great post.

You guys have some beautiful displays

And I noticed that some of you have posted pictures of your trophies.

I have to post a couple of mine as well.

Heres a little buck I picked up last year and a bear.

post-1026-1230009923_thumb.jpg

post-1026-1230010186_thumb.jpg

OK, I have never seen this post before.

This is a great post.

You guys have some beautiful displays

And I noticed that some of you have posted pictures of your trophies.

I have to post a couple of mine as well.

Heres a little buck I picked up last year and a bear.

You can post your "trophies" where you want, but this post is for fossils, show fossils, please.

You can post your "trophies" where you want, but this post is for fossils, show fossils, please.

Wow! I never expected a reaction like that, especially after I complimented how great a post this was.

Didn't realize that other members trophies that were posted, took acception over mine.

Guest bmorefossil
Wow! I never expected a reaction like that, especially after I complimented how great a post this was.

Didn't realize that other members trophies that were posted, took acception over mine.

MB is right this was created to show off peoples fossil collections but im sure other members would love it if another topic was created so that you can show off your trophies, if you want i could make the topic and you can post all of yours (= I have only one of my own but im sure i can find some other things around the house

Dave, if you are noticed, you must be noticed of my answer also, and was the same that for you today.

I don't remember where, but a new topic was started in order that the members show their (hunting)trophies.

Obviously I'm not the owner of this forum, and all I can do is suggest this, please show your showcases, your fossils are wonderful.

Any showcase to show us?

Guest bmorefossil
Almost finished my first fossil deer leg mount I just need to pick something to mount it to. B)B)B):D

hey well i have an idea, have you ever seen them barbie doll mounts, i think they would work good, nice leg btw!!!

hey well i have an idea, have you ever seen them barbie doll mounts, i think they would work good, nice leg btw!!!

How 'bout a Bambi doll? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

click on this link

Then click on Cabinets.

I will look very cool.

Dave georgous cabinets. Once I recover from X-mas . Iwould like to order one or two. What kind of wood do you use, and are there stain options?

Dave georgous cabinets. Once I recover from X-mas . Iwould like to order one or two. What kind of wood do you use, and are there stain options?

They are made from Oak and Oak veneer. Staining options are available however, I have made a lot of these through the years and I believe the most desirable stain is a medium golden Oak. If you try to stain them darker, not only does it take away from the wood grain, the stain looks dark and muddy.

Orders take a few months for completion. They are a complicated cabinet to put together. And I prefer cutting several a a time. Makes the jig set up more worth while. Give me a little lead tie when you order.

I will see if I can post a sketch of the new design that is in my head before you order. It is going to be an even more beautiful cabinet.

Thanks for your interest.

They are made from Oak and Oak veneer. Staining options are available however, I have made a lot of these through the years and I believe the most desirable stain is a medium golden Oak. If you try to stain them darker, not only does it take away from the wood grain, the stain looks dark and muddy.

Orders take a few months for completion. They are a complicated cabinet to put together. And I prefer cutting several a a time. Makes the jig set up more worth while. Give me a little lead tie when you order.

I will see if I can post a sketch of the new design that is in my head before you order. It is going to be an even more beautiful cabinet.

Thanks for your interest.

Have you ever done anything in maple? Or is it way to expensive? Maybe Walnut? I am not a big fan of oak, only old growth. How about river pine ?

Have you ever done anything in maple? Or is it way to expensive? Maybe Walnut? I am not a big fan of oak, only old growth. How about river pine ?

Maple would be fine. I would just need to check out what the difference in price would be. Not familiar with river pine.