Wall Mounting Fish Fossils

cali-kathy

• New Members

Hello from Los Angeles. I recently had the opportunity to quarry fish fossils from Wyoming near Fossil Butte. Lucky enough to bring back a few fish. Does anyone have a suggestion about how to make or buy brackets that will wrap around the edges and mount the fossils to the wall?? I'd like to hang them up.

Thanks!

Cali-Kathy

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your successful adventure!

I have seen hanging hardware that might do the job at a large craft store. In the East, it was Michael's; I don't know whether they are in CA, but some large craft store should have something like it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome to the forum from Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain ;)

Regards

header2.jpg

http://MinerFossil.Jimdo.com

th_facebook.jpg

• New Members

Thanks for your suggestions. I also found, but lost, a website that recommended braising brass rods into an X shape, then bending them to accommodate the irregular shapes of the fossil rock. I would have to devise a hanger. The plate hangers seem a lot easier. I don't have that much that is heavy. Just an amateur. K