Smilodon Tooth?

Kehbe

I am probably waaay off base with the title of topic but I was trying to at least do a little looking around before I just post willy nilly and trying to a find a picture that looks similar to this piece out all the pictures out there on the internet is maddening. The only thing I found that even looks close to shape and texture would be

post-7046-0-86115600-1317930378_thumb.jpg

Here is the piece I found on a trip to Yellowstone but I think I found it in Eastern Wyoming, not sure. I found it several years ago and I was terrible about not keeping notes on locations and strata of finds. Sorry I have no more info about it but here are some pics. Im going to have to post again to show more.

post-7046-0-04101400-1317930407_thumb.jpgpost-7046-0-86195700-1317930429_thumb.jpg

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

post-7046-0-25184800-1317930803_thumb.jpgpost-7046-0-64347500-1317930847_thumb.jpg

more pics

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

post-7046-0-25989500-1317930976_thumb.jpgpost-7046-0-45190900-1317931023_thumb.jpg

more pics

Charles Darwin

See, I amaze myself with my ignorance sometimes.... coral vs. Sabre tooth...what a maroon I am! Okay, I just slapped myself in the forehead and rolled my eyes at myself so you guys don't have to! :unsure: I think I'll just post up some more pictures and hope you guys don't get tired of me! :wacko: Thanks!

Edited by Kehbe

Charles Darwin

Yeah, coral

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

See, I amaze myself with my ignorance sometimes.... coral vs. Sabre tooth...what a maroon I am! Okay, I just slapped myself in the forehead and rolled my eyes at myself so you guys don't have to! :unsure: I think I'll just post up some more pictures and hope you guys don't get tired of me! :wacko: Thanks!

Not very long ago I would have thought tooth as well.