Winner Of The October 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

post-420-0-19403400-1320689403_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the October 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month is the wonderful multiple specimen Crinoid slab from the Mississippian Ste. Genevieve Limestone in AL, USA! It is a pleasure to congratulate Archimedes on his elegant find! We look forward to seeing additional photos when the final cleaning is complete. :wub:

Thank you to everyone else who participated.

:)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

That one has "the right stuff"; congratulations on your find!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Impressive find indeed :wub:

Congratulations :goodjob:

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Well done... Nice find...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

WTG Archimedes, can't wait to see a litle more of this slab also, as well as a few shots of some of the individuals. :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Congratulations Archimedes,

Very nice fossil find you made.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Thank You All, Thank You TFF so we may share our hobby and discoveries :goodjob: .

Finding this crinoid slab shows it never hurts to ask, I asked the backhoe operator if he could pull up the ledge on the side of the drainage ditch they were working on, showed him what I was finding, he can down the hill and pulled up the ledge for me, needless to say it was a joyous drive home with a large slab of crinoids, a van load of fossils. i will try to post more pics from this site xonenine as time permits.

An amazing discovery.. No wonder you were happy..

Congratulations!

Welcome to the forum!

Now that plate is already a humdinger just the way it is! Can't wait to see it again when you've exposed the crinoids some more. Please don't forget to show us the end result.

Congratulations!

Roger

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very nice plate. Congrats !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I dont normally take part in this exercise but that is a spectacular plate. Wish I had a backhoe to help me up on my hunting hill!

Thank You All, Thank You TFF so we may share our hobby and discoveries :goodjob: .

Finding this crinoid slab shows it never hurts to ask, I asked the backhoe operator if he could pull up the ledge on the side of the drainage ditch they were working on, showed him what I was finding, he can down the hill and pulled up the ledge for me, needless to say it was a joyous drive home with a large slab of crinoids, a van load of fossils. i will try to post more pics from this site xonenine as time permits.

If only it were always that easy right :DWTG buddy!!! Great find! Beautiful plate!

Thank You CQ..... there is nothing like the enjoyment of finding it

Thank You all for your Complements