Is This Anything?

darren1408

Hi,

I Came across this on the Jurassic Dorset coast it looks like a print on a rock?

It doesnt look like a fossil though, but a print (I am a beginner), but I thought I might check as I couldnt find much on the internet easily.

Here it is :rolleyes:

post-690-1218638030_thumb.jpg

post-690-1218638098_thumb.jpg

Sorry for wasting your time if it isnt anything.

Darren.

Darren,

I don't think it's a waste of any one's time. It's pretty interesting. I just wish I could help. I'll probably end-up posting lots of pictures on here eventually, asking for help. I think some of these guys like to figure this stuff out.

(I was thinking more of a witch face...)

Jimmy Durante, my butt! Listen, I knew Jimmy Durante. I played Pinochle with Jimmy Durante. Jimmy Durante was a friend of mine. Son, you're no Jimmy Durante.

Wait. Um, what was the question? Oh, it's a piece of lithified cookie dough with a dyed impression of Jimmy Durante's brother Harpo on it.

• Members
Looks like a rock, but the profile could be of the late Jimmy Durante :)

Don't laugh. there is a Memoir of the Geologic Survey of Canada on Carboniferous foramnifera. One of the authors is from Belgium, his name is Mamet and he was (is?) quite the character. Describing one microscopic thin section he notes that the specimen is akin to the 'profile of a certain French general '...otherwise, De Gaulle, known for his big nose.

• 2 months later...
Looks like a rock, but the profile could be of the late Jimmy Durante :)

Oh, that's a nose. Not what I thought.