Winter Tides And What They Bring

Metopocetus

I can't wait for winter and those lovely NW winds to blow the water out.

What is the farthest you've ever walked in one day of collecting?

One day this year I am planning on starting at Cove Point and walking to Brownies beach...I think it can be done by night fall.

You did not say just at Calvert Cliffs, so mine would be approximately 10 miles in one day.

Westmoreland State Park to Nomini Bay and back; 9.5 miles if we walked a straight line, double that doing the Shark Tooth Shuffle. Did it once a week, on average, for several years. Did you know that, when the wind and tide turns at the same time there, the water is chest-high on some of the cliffs (with no way around)? Oh, to be young and stupid again (vs. old and stupid)!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You did not say just at Calvert Cliffs, so mine would be approximately 10 miles in one day.

Yeah, I mean't anywhere, not just Calvert Cliffs...that is just my usual ground.

Westmoreland State Park to Nomini Bay and back; 9.5 miles if we walked a straight line, double that doing the Shark Tooth Shuffle. Did it once a week, on average, for several years. Did you know that, when the wind and tide turns at the same time there, the water is chest-high on some of the cliffs (with no way around)? Oh, to be young and stupid again (vs. old and stupid)!

Haha, oh yes the chest high water, here North of Parkers Creek is like that sometimes...if there is no way around, I go up. I'm not a big fan of deep water I can't see well in.