Ole Butch !

RJB

Wow Ron thats looking freakin awesome. I just got my second Prisci done, turned out waaaaay better than the first! Here are a couple pics of it and also the next victim of my Prisci Preppin Pandemonium :D Oh ya, what is the best way to transfer bones that are on one side to the other.

Hey Bonedigger dude. Nice fish ya got there. When I first tryed transferring bone, I used a product called DucoCement adn it worked wonderfully. In fact you saw that very large Myoplosis when you were here. I transffered a big chunk of tail ray bones back onto that fish, but the next time I tried it, it was a disaster. After a couple more tries, I gave up. I now use very carefully the thickere viscosity super glue and put it just onto the bones I want to transfer, lay it in place, set a heavy something on it and let it sit there for at least 24 hours, then I simply pry it up and most usually it works purty dam well, but not always. Good luck

RB

Oh, here is one of those fish from Nevada I was telling you about.

• 4 months later...

Ok folks. Ive been working my ars off on two notos, but I finally put in a little more time on my buddy 'ole butch'. I still have some detail clean up on this fish, and some work on the rock, but its just about done , and I have to say, "Lookin Dang Good'!!! WoooooHooooooooo!!! Im really happy with this fish.

RB

RB, that's beautiful work as usual. I would be great to see a close-up detail....

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

RB, that's beautiful work as usual. I would be great to see a close-up detail....

Well snarge, Ask and yee shall receive. be right back.

RB

Ok, in these close ups you can see why I still need to do some fine detail clean up work. There also still some media in the small crevices, But get aload of this frikin amazing detail!!! Wow!! Im in love with my new buddy,,, ole butch!!! and im not afraid to say it either! HA!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Jeesh I love this fish!!!

RB

Very, very well done!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Xiphactinus. I know your used to the HUGE fishes, but It very nice to get a compliment from you. and you too John J if your reading this. Its always nice to get compliments. thanks so much.

RB

Both you and Bone Digger have done some fine work on them thare fish.

the two of you should make a small club " You Basters" :D:P:D

oh - well, then prepare yourself (get it?) for the best compliment of ever!

<drumroll please>

wow, it's just not fair that someone gets all the talent and all the brains and all the looks and all the patience at the same time, and then on top of that all the great spines, but we all admire you intensely in spite of our huge jealousy.

:applause:

Ok, in these close ups you can see why I still need to do some fine detail clean up work. There also still some media in the small crevices, But get aload of this frikin amazing detail!!! Wow!! Im in love with my new buddy,,, ole butch!!! and im not afraid to say it either! HA!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Jeesh I love this fish!!!

RB

I'm impressed, man

:applause:

oh - well, then prepare yourself (get it?) for the best compliment of ever!

<drumroll please>

wow, it's just not fair that someone gets all the talent and all the brains and all the looks and all the patience at the same time, and then on top of that all the great spines, but we all admire you intensely in spite of our huge jealousy.

You are too funny man. First of all, no talent, just lots of practice. 2nd, im lacking in brain matter. 3rd, I always joke around how im "good looking" but I think I would scare anyone if they saw me in an alley at night! and the only reason I have any patience at all is because my kids are all grown up now! HA!!! But thanks for the compliment fella.

RB

Nice fish with great detail. I have always liked that species. Must be the spines on the dorsal.

Hey Paleoron. Most folks like that speices of fossil fish. Its deffinetly the spines. But these also come in what I call "the brillcream" hairdo where the spines are folded back along the back of the fish. For you youngens, brilcream was used when I was a kid to come your hair back and have it stay that way. Boy have times changed!!!

RB

Hey Paleoron. Most folks like that speices of fossil fish. Its deffinetly the spines. But these also come in what I call "the brillcream" hairdo where the spines are folded back along the back of the fish. For you youngens, brilcream was used when I was a kid to come your hair back and have it stay that way. Boy have times changed!!!

RB

Thats,,, Comb