Finding Fossils In Corsica, Europe?

Essie31

• New Members

Hi there,

Yeah I know this is not a european site, but I'm gettig desperate, so I try everything! ;-) In my holidays I'm going to visit Corsica, a big island which belongs to France. We are passionate fossilhunters, but the only place I found on the internet is Bonifacio(fossil shells).I think there should be more fossilsfor example in the north, because it's a Jurassic layer overthere. Is there someone who can help me here?

Thank you & with kind regards,

Esther from Holland

I have no first-hand knowledge, but there are some clues in the Geology section of this article: LINK

Maybe it will be useful. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• New Members

Thank you very much Bill and Auspex! I searched the internet and did find this too (but I'm still gratefull that you replied). After a long seatch it seems there are some really nice Echinocorus to find on Corsica. When I do, I will post some photos overhere! :-) Greetings, Esther o/