What is a Good Hunt

grampa dino

"Hunting" for me is a contemplative endeavor: the possibility of discovery, with the solitude of self (and friends) in which to pursue it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 8 months later...

A good day for me is just to get out and look around, since i get to do that once every few weeks.

I like crinoids......

I get a big kick out of watching my boy swell with pride after setting collecting goals and then making them happen by the sweat of his brow over time. Last night we put his best finds to date into a 12 x 16 Riker mount. Now he is asking to find a perfect spear point. He thumbs his nose at the preforms I try to pass his way. Man, kids these days sure are hard to please!

I second that concept. For me, a good day is any day that I can get out and collect with my daughter regardless of what I find.

If she's not with me, then right off the bat the day falls to "pretty good" which is any time I collect, but other than that it's finding solitude while mentally time traveling to the Miocene or Paleocene and bringing home some good souvenirs :P

Kevin Wilson

A good day hunting isn't all about just finding teeth, but enjoying being with friends that enjoy it to !!!