opps there goes the cell phone, but whats that!

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

Well on saturday the weather was really bad, 4-5 foot waves and with those waces a boat sank one guy broke his arm. So we dont on saturday.

Sunday, the water is dead calm so i txt sarah to come down and fossils with us. We get to the beach and its a total sand box but the water was crystal clear you could walk out into 5 feet deep of water and see the bottom, as we started to look in the water in became obvious that this is where all the stuff would be. First time down the beach we find 3 megs, all around the same spot. Then we go back down the other way, ask the guys if they had found anything and then moved on. On the second trip down we took the boat to where we found the megs at, i find another meg and broken meg. I hear my dad yelling my name but i was in no hurry to get down the beach, well he first shows me the skeleton in the cliff, and then tells me the story how he found a 1 3/4 inch mako and a small meg and then dropped his cell phone but when he bent down he saw this huge tooth way out in the water!!!! A huge mako!!!!! 2 5/8"+. We walk back and forth a few more times but still nothing was showing up. We were supposed to be hunting with obsessed1 and his family but they never showed, it would have been cool if they did. maybe next time. good hunting guys

but we did come out with 5 megs and our biggest mako

post-17-1222053675_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222053714_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222053803_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222053830_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222053860_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222053896_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222053958_thumb.jpg

Hold it!!! A skeleton in the cliff!!! And then onto a little sharks tooth and no mention of the skeleton? Surely you jest? Come on now, whats up with the skeleton?

RB

well since it Is in the cliff we are not allowed to dig it out so the museum will be going to have a look at it this week

Well done, bmore! Digging into the cliffs is the fastest way to get fossil hunting completely banned. The landowners are looking for any excuse.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

well since it Is in the cliff we are not allowed to dig it out so the museum will be going to have a look at it this week

Ok, now I understand. I guess its a good thing you didnt give me your address!!! I think I will go unload my shotgun now,,, Ha!!!

RB

Guest bmorefossil

its the way i have the ruler when i sit the tooth on the ruler it ends up being around an 1/8inch short of 2 3/4 and i have the root 1/8 inch above the inch line, ill take another picture if you really want one

Crazy wavy action coming our way bmore. NE winds for days with constant speeds of 20 mph I think I heard 8 foot waves (i hope that is for Ocean City though, not us). Wouldn't it just be perfect if they turn NW on Friday night? Perfect collecting weekend.

Fossil hunting is like fish stories fill of stories about the "the good old days " and "the big one that got away".The tooth looks six inches long in two feet of water,three inches in your hand ,2 3/4 on the drive home yet is barely 2 5/8 when measured with a ruler......

lol..I have had teeth like that before..they somehow shrink when you remove them from the bay water! But still 2 5/8" is one sweet Mako from the bay!

Guest bmorefossil
lol..I have had teeth like that before..they somehow shrink when you remove them from the bay water! But still 2 5/8" is one sweet Mako from the bay!

i love it when the phat bros say that this site doesnt produce big makos but this is 3 weeks in a row with a mako over 2"

Nice finds dude! Do you go up to scientist cliffs or down to the powerplant?

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

well i go down everytime i go somewhere

Do you go down from breezy point marina? I normally hit Brownies or the willows in fall, no one yells at you to get out then : )

well i leave my house and i have to go south to get anywhere (= brownies in winter is nice, we usually get there at like 3 am hahhahaa

Yeah, that would be nice to just leave the house and get in the boat. I'm the real Bmore fossil :D I'm just teasing. I leave from Baltimore county to set out on my adventures :D It takes a few hours to get down to there though. So being out at 3 am is normally out of the question for me.