New To Las Vegas

skae86

• New Members

Hey,

Just made it to Las Vegas and extremely new to the world of fossil hunting. I have been looking into what to look for as far as sites go and what fossils are to be found in the area. If anyone has any information about the area or if anyone in the area needs a partner on some hunts I'd be happy to tag along listen and learn! Doing all the reading is driving me crazy, I just want to get out there and see what it's all about!

Thanks

A couple of months ago, I learned that there is a natural history museum in Las Vegas - fossils on display. You should check that out.

The more reading you do, the better prepared you will be when you go collecting, so don't stop reading. Find the closest fossil/mineral club and join that because they will have field trips.

This group is based in Sacramento, CA but they go on field trips to Nevada:

http://fossilsforfun.org/index.html

Hey,

Just made it to Las Vegas and extremely new to the world of fossil hunting. I have been looking into what to look for as far as sites go and what fossils are to be found in the area. If anyone has any information about the area or if anyone in the area needs a partner on some hunts I'd be happy to tag along listen and learn! Doing all the reading is driving me crazy, I just want to get out there and see what it's all about!

Thanks