Shark Teeth And Some?

worthy 55

Found these in a creek in Gainesville, Fla. and was just to wanting to know what kind of shark teeth these are and the one thing at the top is?? :shark:

post-23-1194122129_thumb.jpg

post-23-1194122164_thumb.jpg

post-23-1194122196_thumb.jpg

post-23-1194122250_thumb.jpg

post-23-1194122280_thumb.jpg

post-23-1194122391_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

not sure what the thing at the top is, but your largest tooth is a small meg sure you knew that one, the other large one you have in your hand looks like a lower anterior hemi. and then i see a lot of lemon shark teeth.

Which creek did you walk and how were the mosquitoes?

Anson's right on the 2 larger teeth. There are also several Tiger and Bull shark on display as well Rays (the rectangular ones). Good haul Worthy :)

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Found these in a creek in Gainesville, Fla. and was just to wanting to know what kind of shark teeth these are and the one thinf at the top is?? :shark:

That "thing at the top" is interesting, Worthy. It's not wood? The only other thing I can think of is a billfish rostrum. How about some better pix of it?

-----Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

I couldn't tell you what creek it was I went with a friend and it was some where off 39th. As for the mosquitoes their not bad but you will need some bug spray now and then! :Thumbs-up:

It's my bone!!!

No I really do not think it's wood.:Thumbs-up:

Looks like a piece of scull bone. Possiblely near the nasal cavity. Don't ask what type of critter though. :) That's my SWAG.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Found these in a creek in Gainesville, Fla. and was just to wanting to know what kind of shark teeth these are and the one thing at the top is?? :shark:

If you found all those on one trip --- I'm gonna have to move to Flordia! :) Congrats!

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

No I really do not think it's wood.:Thumbs-up:

Hmmm. I don't think it's wood, either, Worthy. What it resembles more than anything is the core of a sting-ray dermal denticle. That is, it looks to me to be the basal portion of the stinger or other skin armor, without the patch-like dentin root.

That's my best guess.

-------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

For all you shark teeth lovers out there, it only took right at two hr's to find those. The creeks in this area are full of them and sometimes you can find some really big ones. :cool: :cool: :cool: :shark:

It's my bone!!!

2 HOURS!!!!! :o Yer killin' me up here

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Northern sharks,

i think you and i need to make a trip to Florida. i don't have sharke teeth like that here in utah either. :D

I'm in! They're calling for wet snow here in the next couple of days and Florida is sounding better all the time. I'll just tell my wife I'm going Christmas shopping ;)

• 3 weeks later...