Fossil Outing!

worthy 55

Let's get some folks together and do a fossling/camping outing. Any ideas?????? :Thumbs-up: :Thumbs-up: I want to get some small boats together to hit some good rivers or something .

It's my bone!!!

Please,post the photos in the forum! As I am from Europe(and my work don`t let me now), i can`t afford a trip to Florida now, so delight us with your huntings!!!! :(

Yeah!! I'm dying to get out. Anywhere is fine. Just OUT!!!! LOL

I don't have a boat, but I can swim and you can tow me behind the boat, muhaha. Been there, done that!

I would like to go to the St Mary's , Withlachoochee North fla or the Peace rivers anyone one of those are cool with me!! Like I said open for any ideas too. :Thumbs-up: :Thumbs-up: Tom I have another small boat but no motor. :Thumbs-up:

It's my bone!!!

I`m game. Just need a couple weeks notice. I have a 15 foot Jon Boat and will probably like to dive, I have a buddy that will more than likely come...so I would have room for one in my boat.2 if my buddy cant` make it...

Well let's get a plain together!! I, like Tom needs to get out for a few days!!! :Thumbs-up: :Thumbs-up: Send me an Email!!!

It's my bone!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well had no emails so I guess I'll be going the week before xmas!! :Thumbs-up: :Thumbs-up: :cool: :cool:

post-23-1195950288_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

I want to try for the Peace river but I would like to go to the St Marys or even the northern part of the Withlacoochee as well ! :shades:

It's my bone!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in for something.... So many people eager to go hunting.... We need to stop talking about it and make some plans..

It's pretty difficult to get motivated when the air temp is so low. It's a psychological impediment. I've been in rivers many times when the water was warmer than the air, but making the commitment to get out onto the water is the difficult part.

Florida's spring-fed rivers don't get as cold as some of those rivers that drain from just a bit further north. The Santa Fe was more comfortable than the Suwannee, for example. The Peace River was comfortable 'cause you don't need to get more than thigh-deep in the water. Nonetheless, a quarter-inch wetsuit is the essential bit of gear.

--------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

I was in the Santa Fe Monday , it was cool at first but I became use to it after a little while. The Swuannee or the Santa Fe is all I can do now I have already made plans to go to NC. the day after xmas or I could do a short trip on the 21st and 22nd some where let me know soom as you can. :Cave Man:

It's my bone!!!

I was in the Santa Fe Monday , it was cool at first but I became use to it after a little while. The Swuannee or the Santa Fe is all I can do now I have already made plans to go to NC. the day after xmas or I could do a short trip on the 21st and 22nd some where let me know soom as you can. :Cave Man:

There is nothing so comfortable as a dry-suit in December, January, February in the Suwannee. A wet-suit is adequate in the Santa Fe, but between dives and after the dive, it can be quite uncomfortable. If there's a breeze, the evaporation from the wet neoprene will chill you to the bone. Oh, the good old days!

-----Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest