Snappy

CreekCrawler

Hello all, I made a quick trip up to the well known creek in Sherman Tx. I came home with a few teeth and enjoyed playing with a common snapper for a while.I also had the pleasure of staring at the watersnake who promptly flattened itself to the ground to look more intimidating.I have a question about the square piece in the middle of the shark teeth.It's not metal and I think I've see something like it on this forum. The rolled looking edge leads me to believe that it is man made though!Any ideas?

thanks

Barrypost-417-1222544535_thumb.jpgpost-417-1222544571_thumb.jpg

The turtle appears with few friends face, however it seems a lovely pet. How big reach?. ^_^

By the way, the site is Cenomanian or Turonian?.

Greetings.

The turtle appears with few friends face, however it seems a lovely pet. How big reach?. ^_^

By the way, the site is Cenomanian or Turonian?.

Greetings.

The Ptychodos Whipplei in Texas range between Turonian-Coniacian upper Cretaceous.

Barry,

Could you take a few more photos? One macro of the isolated piece and another of the edge...maybe one of the other side.

Nice teeth. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Barry,

I'd guess you have a fragment of some decorative metal cup, pot, or bowl. The purplish pink and green oxides (copper?) on the back indicate a metal. Best I can do.

The pattern on the whatzit looks a bit like leaf scars...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

... oh, and watch out for falling buses!

Yes, the falling busses have been there as indicated by the flower arrangements lining the north side of the bridge at Center Street! Otherwise it's fossil collecting as usual! I actually decided that it was not a good collecting day as I passed over POC! I looked out at the creek as I passed by and all I saw was water"no gravel bars".I started to head home thinking "how could this creek be flooded". Then I thought "we haven't had rain for at least a week",so I parked and walked down...........and to my amazement and relief I realized that the "gravel bars" were covered with green weeds and grasses! I really didn't do as well as I had in the summer months, but it was fun "none the less"Just sitting there on a log overlooking the meandering creek eating lunch was enough for me!!!! :D

take care

Barry

Barry,

I'd guess you have a fragment of some decorative metal cup, pot, or bowl. The purplish pink and green oxides (copper?) on the back indicate a metal. Best I can do.

Yes, what is strange is that it does not register on my "high dollar' metal detector! Not so much as a chirp from my Fisher MD and my Automax precision pinpointer. Copper would ring big time on my equiptment as well as any other piece of metal. This piece doesn't even warrant a tone at all! Strange huh? Oh well, just chalk it up to an unidentified piece of trash that was thrown out long ago! Belonging to what "who knows".....

thanks

Barry

Guest bmorefossil
Yes, what is strange is that it does not register on my "high dollar' metal detector! Not so much as a chirp from my Fisher MD and my Automax precision pinpointer. Copper would ring big time on my equiptment as well as any other piece of metal. This piece doesn't even warrant a tone at all! Strange huh? Oh well, just chalk it up to an unidentified piece of trash that was thrown out long ago! Belonging to what "who knows".....

thanks

Barry

guess you found yourself a piece of a ufo lol, no im sure i have seen this before, its from a fish i think

...the other kid had found a baby ...common snapper...

By any chance, was this kid missing any front teeth? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest solius symbiosus
That last thing looks like an old piece of a file.

I was thinking that I had seen that before; your description "jogged" me memory. It looks like an old piece of a rasp that a farrier uses when shoeing a horse, but IDK.

How 'bout a cast of an impression of fish scales?

Barry,

For the heck of it, could you get a pic of the right edge (relative to the photo of the "back").