i dont think i will ever be able to beat this day

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

On the beach we had 3 lines of gravel, I took the high line because 5 feet from the boat i found a meg up there so i figured thats where all the good stuff would be, oh boy was i right. So i stayed with the high line all the way down the beach and ended up with well you see. Every 10 feet or so i would find something great, either a nice hemi, mako or meg! I cant even tell you which came first because by the time i reached the end of the beach i had 9 megs in the bag. Then i started to look in the blocks and i find 2 more megs, so thats 11, i look over and about 30 feet away i see this black thing sticking out of the block, it was a 5" meg, but when i dug at it, the broken tooth fell right out......so i found what once was a 5" tooth. Next to that block i did see a snout from something so i dug that out, but when i went back for the rest of it there was a foot of sand over where i think the block was. Then i get down to my dad and he found 3 megs and in his bag i see this huge vert!!!! from a shark. He also had a nice sized fish tail. When we walked a little way down the beach my dad gets a call on the cell so i was able to pick up the squalodon he walked over. (= Some other nice stuff we found were the dolphin teeth, seal vert, a big fish vert, a cow shark tooth, croc tooth, some nice makos largest 1 7/8", 15 megs largest 3". some associated verts, and some other great stuff. I guess i had to keep up with everyone at lee creek.

Good luck everyone

post-17-1222693192_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693221_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693251_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693275_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693316_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693343_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693373_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693407_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693435_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693482_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693509_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693692_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693780_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693818_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693862_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222693945_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222694028_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222694090_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222694119_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222694148_thumb.jpg

post-17-1222694176_thumb.jpg

Megman strikes again;

What a great day!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Unbelievable, What a number of teeth for just one day. Here I dream with something like that. Especially nice the three small carcharocles . I have observed that some peaks are more pronounced. Are chubutensis?.

Greetings.

I am not a tooth guy, but that day sounds like one heck of a super fossiling day. Wish I was there to help out! Heh,,heh,,,

RB

PS(anyway I can one of those little megs from you?)

Nice.....very nice!!! The tooth on the third row all the way on the right looks like Bone Valley material!

Looks like you need more display boxes again.

B

Wow! Makes our Texas sharks look pretty wimpy.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Guest bmorefossil

spooky was that you i saw down at the beach?

i need to know who i saw at the beach, they said thefossilforum hmmmmmm, when they read my shirt.

Guest bmorefossil

i dont know if this just makes me stupid or lucky, when i picked up my shorts just now i felt something in one of the pockets, when i pull it out its another meg!!!! this is not a lie, so that makes 15 megs, i am still shocked that i didnt feel this thing before

i dont know if this just makes me stupid or lucky, when i picked up my shorts just now i felt something in one of the pockets, when i pull it out its another meg!!!! this is not a lie, so that makes 15 megs, i am still shocked that i didnt feel this thing before

Is there such a thing a megenvy?

Heckuva trip Bmore. Nice stuff. All I get up here is that old Ordovician stuff ;)

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Guest bmorefossil
GREAT HAUL !! You sure faired better than I did this past weekend...Maybe I should have stayed here in MD?

thanks, maybe you should have lol

What a day! With that kind of luck, I hope you bought a lottery ticket. Ok, you've convinced me. I've got to get a boat, which means I need a new job with some weekdays off and a lot more money.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

Wow! What a fantastic day! I'll be in D.C. for a conference in 4 weeks and you're really making me want to sneak away for a bit... dang it...

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Guest bmorefossil
What a day! With that kind of luck, I hope you bought a lottery ticket. Ok, you've convinced me. I've got to get a boat, which means I need a new job with some weekdays off and a lot more money.

thx mike (=

Steven,

Apparently you need a "Meg-belt". That way you're less likely to lose track of one. Besides, there's a safety issue with Megs in your shorts. :P Congrats!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ