Guess where I was yesterday

Northern Sharks

With all due respect to Bmorefossil, I don't know if I'll be able to top yesterday's hunting. The blast we had so much fun with a week ago was pretty much cleared away, but, walking along at the base of what was left, I found my first starfish (Stenaster salteri). Then we moved over to the new pile. I wound up with my first large edrioasteroid (Edriophus levis) a nice ventral Ceraurus trilobite, another Ceraurus with a starfish on the same block, a ventral Pleurocystites cystoid, an Isotelus trilobite (positive and negative impressions) between 4-5" long, several small crinoids and a plate with 3 or 4 more Pleurocystites. The guy who was with me (not on the forum) did even better. He found a pocket and came away with plates of dozens of cystoids. He also found an area where Ceraurus was quite abundant, although most were partials and of course, several crinoids. It took me 2 trips with a wagon to haul all my stuff out and I don't know if I could have made a third. 120+ lbs of stone up that ramp each time, even with the wagon, really takes a toll on the feet and legs. Enough blab, here's some pics

1) Starfish -Stenaster salteri

2) Edrioasteroid -Edriophus levis (looks like a starfish now, but looks quite different after prepping)

3) Ceraurus globulatus -Ventral view

4) Pleurocytites squamosus -Ventral view

post-77-1222735290_thumb.jpg

post-77-1222735319_thumb.jpg

post-77-1222735349_thumb.jpg

post-77-1222735396_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Guest solius symbiosus

Absolutely beautiful!!! That kind of stuff is a once in a lifetime find around here. You guys should try and set up a forum trip there next spring. I'll come!

A tip of the hat to the boys in the Great White North.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

<drool> What an awesome trip! That Ceraurus globulatus looks like it will prep out really well.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
<drool> What an awesome trip! That Ceraurus globulatus looks like it will prep out really well.

yea i would say the same it looks like it will