Fall in Aurora

obsessed1

I never believed in superstitions until this past spring. I had heard that eating a certain type of food brought you good fossil mojo. Well I tried something on my spring hunts and had great luck everytime. This time I changed my night before routine and well.....we didn't do so well. Or could it have been someone useing my Lee Creek rake to pull weeds out of the flower beds....hmmmm.

post-281-1222822356_thumb.jpgpost-281-1222822401_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=11704:inverts.jpg]

post-281-1222822438_thumb.jpgpost-281-1222822472_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t=11707:not_sure.jpg]

post-281-1222822498_thumb.jpgpost-281-1222822508_thumb.jpgpost-281-1222822536_thumb.jpg

post-281-1222822556_thumb.jpg

post-281-1222822419_thumb.jpg

post-281-1222822487_thumb.jpg

.....we didn't do so well....

I beg to differ! The gastropods are wonderful; how many Lee Creekers even pick them up?

(If you're still disappointed, consider how much mojo you burned on that skull...)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I beg to differ! The gastropods are wonderful; how many Lee Creekers even pick them up?

(If you're still disappointed, consider how much mojo you burned on that skull...)

I pick up the pretty ones :P HA HA HA. Well, not really, ever now and again I will. It's really over whelming to pick up all the shells you see. I'll pick up a few while I'm down there. I'm hopeful I can find some people on this forum who like fossil shells. At least, for me, getting one good specimen is good enough. When I find a better one, the old one is up for trades. Unlike the big Megs, Where my attitude is "you can't have too many Megs!"

I did find one of those rare ecphora-like shells no one has found for a while, one of the last times I went. They said that species was very rare. It's the one without the ridges. I'll pick up a coffee bean :D I only have two.

Hey OB1, what food are you supposed to take in? That's a pretty nice day worth of stuff. I heard people were finding a lot of Megs from the Elasmo website.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Looks like you ended up with a few goodies. I'll take a day at Lee Creek finding what you found over a day at my job any day!

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

Guest bmorefossil
Looks like you ended up with a few goodies. I'll take a day at Lee Creek finding what you found over a day at my job any day!

I think someone once said, a bad day in the mine is a good day anywhere else

Don't get me wrong, I love every minute I am able to hunt in the mine and always find some great fossils. Finding the skull at the cliffs has made this year my best ever, but a person can't help setting their goals really high when entering a place as special as Lee Creek.

Looks like the fossil gods wanted you to beef up your invert collection. It was going to be hard to keep your meg streak going. :P Still looks like a good trip though.

LEE CREEK!!!! Teeth are pretty :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!