August 2012 Finds Of The Month

Cris

My river find this month is a monster MEGALODON. 6 15/16" Tall and 4 14/16" wide. The bigest I have ever found.

I know it will probably not win but I had to show it off. : ) Happy Hunting. Hope everyone finds that treasure they have always been looking for! : )

did you find that at meg ledge, it has those orange spot color.

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Darn it! There are too many good choices this time....

Context is critical.

I don't know if I am too late, but I found this yesterday and came back late so I could not photograph it.

Found 31st August 2012

Neptunea contraria

Red Crag, Walton on the Naze

2.6 myo.

This is a very rare find I was told by Mike, a local expert. He said that ones this size are only found around once a year!!! The other ones are only around 4cm long, and this one is over 10cm!

post-4683-0-09419700-1346491262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kosmoceras

Serious finds.... I'd be happy with any of those....Congratulations everyone....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I don't know if I'm too late or not. The finds this month are very impressive (complete fish and monster megs), but I give it a try. This whooly rhino tooth (upper jaw) was found on August 31th in pleistocene sediment hosed up on the beach from the northsea bottom. Must have been an old beast because it's almost worn down.

Regards,

Niels

post-4293-0-86026500-1346507930_thumb.jpg

post-4293-0-90610900-1346507932_thumb.jpg

post-4293-0-23411100-1346507935_thumb.jpg

post-4293-0-39136400-1346507937_thumb.jpg

post-4293-0-89117600-1346507939_thumb.jpg

its going to be a tough choice this month, there are 4 specimens Id love to have in my collection :)

When are we going to have a chance to vote for FOTM for August?

agreed

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

I demand a refund!

:)

Context is critical.

I demand a refund!

:)

:rofl: Me too :P

Coming soon... Simply, Cris is very compressed these days. He has a lot to do with the Forum plus the FOTM contests. And he heads and his own issues!!!

That's an explanation in my opinion...

I am sure that so he as the rest of the Admins and Mods team make the best they can and have to thank them for their efforts ;)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

:rofl: Me too :P

Coming soon... Simply, Cris is very compressed these days. He has a lot to do with the Forum plus the FOTM contests. And he heads and his own issues!!!

That's an explanation in my opinion...

2x! :P

I actually started working on it last night, started falling asleep at my computer and had to delay it for the next day. I plan on staying up and getting them going in the next few hours.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png