Answering A Question

MOROPUS

Well, you can see some reconstructions in BBC, documentaries "Walking with the beasts".I was doing some cleaning, and I found all my collection of paleontological dvd, so, I started to watch them.I can`t remember wich chapter was.

With the name Chalicotherium, this were a tipe of earlier member of Moropus (this were Oligocene, Moropus was Miocene).It was a very rare animal.With head like a horse, and body like giant sloth, but with enourmous clows and enourmously powerfull arms.They walk with their nucles, but they must been bipedal aswell.It was pretty big.

By the way, I hardly recomend to try and buy or download this serie, due to the quality of the imagines. Bye.

• 4 months later...

Moropus was indeed one of the Chalicotheres (Family Chalicotheriidae). These bizarre animals were Perissdactyls (odd-toed ungulates) and belong in the Order Perissodactyla which includes horses, rhinos, tapirs, and the equally aberrant brontotheres (titanotheres) along with a few even more obscure groups.

Interestingly, there were (and are) stories coming out of the forests of western Kenya about the 'Nandi Bear', a legendary beast that is variously described as a ferocious carnivore or a benign herbivore. Some folks speculate that the description is of a hyena, possibly an undescribed species, while others (Louis Leaky, for example) speculate that the animal, if it exists, might be a Chalicothere.

-Joe

• I found this Informative 1

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

The goofiest extant animal I can think of that even faintly resembles that thing is the okapi.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Guest Nicholas

I have tried downloading the series but it never works. However it is on my wish list and hopefully I'll buy it sooner or later. It features one of my favorites on it. I do know you can watch pretty well all of it on YouTube...