Anmmonite Id

MOROPUS

I`ve got not much info about it.The only thing I know is that it comes from Morocco.No era, no place, no ID... not much, but look at the sutures.Perhaps they can help you. I`m new with ammnos!!! post-62-1195418605_thumb.jpg post-62-1195418623_thumb.jpgpost-62-1195418646_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t=865:P1040902_COPIA.jpg]post-62-1195418709_thumb.jpgpost-62-1195418757_thumb.jpg

post-62-1195418671_thumb.jpg

• Members

The sutures look a like a Cretaceous specimen. But that's just my speculation. If it's Cretaceous..if its actually from Morocco (not just sold from Morocco) then maybe 'Mantelliceras'. You have good sutures to look at... try comparing them to the sutures of Mantelliceras in a publication. Good luck with it.

The sutures look a like a Cretaceous specimen. But that's just my speculation. If it's Cretaceous..if its actually from Morocco (not just sold from Morocco) then maybe 'Mantelliceras'. You have good sutures to look at... try comparing them to the sutures of Mantelliceras in a publication. Good luck with it.

The british man who sold it to me said "it was FROM" Morocco.But no more details....so that`s it!

• Members

I found the suture pattern in a publication. The suture patterns on your specimen may resemble the one below. Ammonites are difficult to pin down to specific I.D. but at least if it resembles this one you are in the right ballpark. If identifying fossils was easy it wouldn't be half the challege or fun.

post-69-1195605979_thumb.jpg