Itsy Bitsy Ricky

greel

These are my two best teeth from the LaFarge dig. The ric is only about an inch long - not exactly the muscle

tooth I was hoping for, but still a genuine ric. I really like the Eocene makos. These praecursor teeth

have those roots that still look like their cretolamna ancestors. A classic looking Isurus praecursor from

LaFarge.

-greel

post-102-1224460683_thumb.jpg

post-102-1224460712_thumb.jpg

These are my two best teeth from the LaFarge dig. The ric is only about an inch long - not exactly the muscle

tooth I was hoping for, but still a genuine ric. I really like the Eocene makos. These praecursor teeth

have those roots that still look like their cretolamna ancestors. A classic looking Isurus praecursor from

LaFarge.

-greel

Overall, were there many rics found on this hunt? Anything really stand out from from what other collectors found?

Overall, were there many rics found on this hunt? Anything really stand out from from what other collectors found?

I was searching the top area to the far left as you drive into the mine pit. I saw a really nice two inch lateral

tooth found by a fellow collecting my area, while a young girl dug a large 3 1/2 inch anterior with a broken

tip. Further down into the pit where most folks headed, I heard was a bust with nobody finding anything.

The sides of the pit down there were covered with new dirt that was dumped from the top making collecting

a nightmare with the rains turning everything into red muck.

-greel

Nice Teeth! I found four rics (all of which were broken) and some nice limestone teeth, but like you say "No muscle tooth".

Guest bmorefossil
I was searching the top area to the far left as you drive into the mine pit. I saw a really nice two inch lateral

tooth found by a fellow collecting my area, while a young girl dug a large 3 1/2 inch anterior with a broken

-greel

hey 3.5 is a nice size, how broken was it?

Guest bmorefossil
Nice Teeth! I found four rics (all of which were broken) and some nice limestone teeth, but like you say "No muscle tooth".

are you going to post them because i would love to see what you found

tip. Further down into the pit where most folks headed, I heard was a bust with nobody finding anything.

The sides of the pit down there were covered with new dirt that was dumped from the top making collecting

a nightmare with the rains turning everything into red muck.

-greel

Me and the wife were down there, and it was so nasty, just about the worst weather I ever collected in. By 11 I had the shivers really bad despite being encased in plastic. Only Ric I found was a 1" tooth with no roots or cusplets, some nice makos and goblins though, a few tigers and 3 decent dollars. But there are always some killer teeth found, just not by me.

post-388-1224796761_thumb.jpg

post-388-1224796617_thumb.jpg

are you going to post them because i would love to see what you found

Here's my haul from LaFarge. Nothing spectacular, but did manage to get a sweet mini Hemipristis curvatus lower and a beautiful Carcharias koerti upper. I am sorry to have missed you "greel", but I believe we hunted opposite sides of the mine.

post-162-1224800903_thumb.jpg

post-162-1224800931_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
Me and the wife were down there, and it was so nasty, just about the worst weather I ever collected in. By 11 I had the shivers really bad despite being encased in plastic. Only Ric I found was a 1" tooth with no roots or cusplets, some nice makos and goblins though, a few tigers and 3 decent dollars. But there are always some killer teeth found, just not by me.

post-388-1224796761_thumb.jpg

nice finds

Guest bmorefossil
Here's my haul from LaFarge. Nothing spectacular, but did manage to get a sweet mini Hemipristis curvatus lower and a beautiful Carcharias koerti upper. I am sorry to have missed you "greel", but I believe we hunted opposite sides of the mine.

wow i think you did the best, two nice ones there, thats horrible the big one is broke, would have been awsome!

I can hear Desi Arnaz saying "Li'le Ricky".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!