Whiskey Bridge Site

Herb

Hi all,

I am looking for some unsorted matrix material from the Whiskey Bridge area. I'm looking for mini and micro fossils from the Stone City formation. About the size of the small flat rate USPS boxes. If you live in the area and can pick some up I will be happy to pay for the shipping. Also,if you are interested in Ordovician, or Mississippian matrix I will be happy to do a trade. Contact me by PM if you can help me out, thanks.

Edited by Herb

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

• 1 month later...

Hey Herb,

If you can wait a week or two I may be going that way and could fill a few containers. One question would be what sort of micros are you after? There are various layers that I am sure have different fossils. There are some very storm-hashie layers where teeth might be found and others of just clay and glauconite where maybe forams or micro molluscs might be had.

Hey Herb,

If you can wait a week or two I may be going that way and could fill a few containers. One question would be what sort of micros are you after? There are various layers that I am sure have different fossils. There are some very storm-hashie layers where teeth might be found and others of just clay and glauconite where maybe forams or micro molluscs might be had.

I'm looking for microfossils and immature regular ones also. What ever you are willing to send me. I can send you O, D, M, K, Mio and Plio samples in reture. No hurry. Thanks alot.

Herb

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

Hopefully I'll be scheduling that trip soon. But don't gold your breath. We can talk about trades later although Ordovician would be my pref.

Sounds good to me.