Is Anyone Going Back To Waco?

jpbowden

Is anyone going back to Waco soon? If so Would it be alright for me to join you. The last batch of bi-valves I found there show promise and need to return there.

Is anyone going back to Waco soon? If so Would it be alright for me to join you. The last batch of bi-valves I found there show promise and need to return there.

Pat,

I have some folks here in Houston that are asking about scheduling a trip out there with the cub scouts.

I'd likely want to hit 3-4 spots and maybe camp out with them, but that is all just initial discussion.

Scouts don't have a lot of patience for sitting and sifting so I wouldn't expect to stay at any one spot longer than about an hour and a half...

I'll let you know.

Owen

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

If I can get a permit, anyone that wants to go would be great. I will be looking for "oysters" and what has been feeding on them.

i was wondering if anyone had the phone number or the address to contact COE to get a permit, and what to ask ask for. Does it cost any money, and is there any other information that i need to ask for to get the permit. Thanks for everyones time and effort

last i knew, you called the lake waco office of the army corps of engineers at 2547565359 to make sure they're going to be there, then show up at their office when it's open and fill out their paperwork and follow their restrictions for your scientific study.

I contacted the COE for a local lake, and they said as long as I was only surface collecting that no permit would be needed. Does this sound right?

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.