Jaw Bone Id Please

jwmoor

Carl's overlooked advice is excellent:

...I would suggest taking it to the nearest natural history museum so someone can have a hands-on look at it...

If you find someone who really knows mammals, and give them more than a dark, blurry photo, I think they will concur with the unanimous suggestion voiced here. The main respondents to this topic are not rubes.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

As always the administration on this forum is top shelf! Editing these postings for anonymity was the correct course of action. Bravo.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

By the way, you notice that I almost never post on anything other than mammals, birds or turtles - that is where my expertise lies, and as far as invertebrates go, y'all are speaking Greek to me, and I don't know one brachiopod from another trilobite. Any one who would look to me to id a trilobite would be just plain silly.

Rich

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

After a rather unpleasant comment left by the topic starter (since removed), it is clear that he does not value the help he sought from us. Still, we wish him well in his search for truth, which will out.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!