Searching Information

BDC Iron

Hello to you !!!

I'm searching some information but nothing found on the net.

Is anybody had this document: A monograph of the Terebratulidæ of the British chalk

by Mulk Raj Sahni ; edited, with a preface, by A. Morley Davies.Published 1929

Also, i buy some brachiopod and i searching information. I got this information:

Mississipian

Chesterian zone

Bangor limestone Formation

Northern Alabama.

Is anybody had some information about the fauna of this formation ? Documents are welcome.

I have some brachiopod seams like Reticulariina but without information it's not possible to find her name.

So thank to anybody can help me (and sorry for my poor english, i'm just french and don't speak another language...)

Here is a small list of fossils from the Bangor Limestone

http://pbdb.org/?a=basicCollectionSearch&collection_no=6794

cited by J. A. Waters. 1978. The Paleontology and Paleoecology of the Lower Bangor Limestone (Chesterian, Mississippian)in northwestern Alabama. unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Indiana University 1-193 [A. Miller/K. Layou]

My Flickr Page of My Collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79424101@N00/sets

• 2 weeks later...

Hello !!! I'm always searching for informations... Nobody want to help me ?

I think if anybody could, you would hear from them here. I'm sorry I can't help you.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I can try looking into finding the monograph if it is available to college libraries, but I don't promise for sure. I don't know how things work in France but I wonder if you have checked that option in France, to get it through a college library.

Also, maybe if you send an email to the Alabama Paleontological Society they may be able to have answers to your questions, their contact email is rbuta@bama.ua.edu

Good Luck, I will let you know if there is a way to get the monograph

Norma

Hi BDC

I don't have the monograph by Sahni but I have a copy of "British Dinantian (Lower Carboniferous) Terebratulid Brachiopods [brunton, 1982]" from the BMNH bulletin if that helps.

I tried to attach it, but its too big (5MB). Send me a private message with your e-mail address if you would like a copy.

Roger

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

Ok thanks for all.

@Painshill: not what i'm searching but can help me for another think. So you can send me to bdciron(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks

In France it's very difficult to find documentation, there is no possibility to find somethink free. I don't have money and i refuse to buy knowledge. In France only rich can be scientific ? ... I ask myself...

@Middletown: thanks for the email, i'll contact us.

Ok thanks for all.

@Painshill: not what i'm searching but can help me for another think. So you can send me to bdciron(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks

In France it's very difficult to find documentation, there is no possibility to find somethink free. I don't have money and i refuse to buy knowledge. In France only rich can be scientific ? ... I ask myself...

@Middletown: thanks for the email, i'll contact us.

OK... sent... but I'm not clear what exactly you are looking for. Terebratulids from British formations? Terebratulids from Alabama? Terebratulids in general? Something more than that? When asking for information, it also helps if we know what you already have.

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

Ok Thank, i receive it.

I'm searching two thing:

-Document to identify cretaceous brachiopods from France. But there is no documentation for it. But the same formation exist in South England and the description of specimens are on "A monograph of the Terebratulidæ of the British chalk by Mulk Raj Sahni ; edited, with a preface, by A. Morley Davies.Published 1929"

-The second thing is to determinate some brachiopods from the bangor limestone Formation in Alabama.

Hi Iron-man !

How are you ? I had a look on my PDF library, and I haven't any publications which could help you !

Je t'embrasse

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Here is a link to info on Mississippian fossils of Kentucky. The Bangor Formation is of Chester age (older nomenclature of course). The fauna of the Alabama Mississippian is essentially the same as Kentucky, so you may well be able to ID your specimens by checking the pages showing Chester age faunas in the link. Be aware that the publication in the link is quite old, so some generic names may have changes, but if you have the old name and especially the species you should be able to track down the current generic assignment.

Of course, we have several forum members who are very familiar with the North Alabama Mississippian. If you post a photo in the ID forum, you are likely to get some good leads.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

Mais qu est ce que tu fais la toi?

Did you check the treatise and its 6 volumes on brachiopods?

Also a very detailled paper on brachs in one of the fossils publications, but maybe only jurassic....

Look where the sun rises and meteors fall out of the sky! :ninja:

The brach paper on Fossiles is about lias only, so no good...

Edited by taj

From the same location , try Fossils of the chalk.

Includes a good 25 pages section on brachs from the british chalk!

Seems closely related to your original search.