Hotel/motel Area Of Arcadia, Fl

DeloiVarden

Hey Guys,

Headed down to the area around Arcadia, Florida to do some fossil hunting next weekend. Any advice on a decent place to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and yet isn't bed bug invested would be nice. If you happen to have rate info, that would be nice too as I have called two hotels and both had folks which where just about impossible to understand and don't have websites to get the information from.

Thanks!

Jason

if the person manning the front desk cant speak well, they prob dont clean so well... as i've found at alot of kissimee hotels so beware I guess mildewed carpet and filthy rooms are not pleasant

I guess what I mean is if they don't sound professional on the phone the rooms prob aren't tidy........ nothing against people that don't speak well but its probably the case... I barely graduated high school and i'm a great guy.... just kidding

Edited by cfin1974

I might be a little sleep deprived because I just read your topic title like the eagles song but replaced it with (Welcome to the) Hotel Arcadia. Just to dig the peace... and try to find some teeth.... And hopefully theres no bed bugs at hotel arcadia. Any time of year, (any time of year) bring your screening gear.....

yeah... About that, I think its time to call it a night. But I bet everyone read that in Don Henley's voice didnt they!?

... I did...

DO, or do not. There is no try.

I might be a little sleep deprived because I just read your topic title like the eagles song but replaced it with (Welcome to the) Hotel Arcadia. Just to dig the peace... and try to find some teeth.... And hopefully theres no bed bugs at hotel arcadia. Any time of year, (any time of year) bring your screening gear.....

yeah... About that, I think its time to call it a night. But I bet everyone read that in Don Henley's voice didnt they!?

... I did...

*applaud* You have a wonderful singing voice, Mike! :P

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

I use Expedia or Orbitz or one of those online services. Usually get a great price and they almost always have reviews. Bed Bugs are getting rather scary. We had to fumigate a cabin back in NY after friends brought 'em in. Luckily it only took one blast and being a weekend home we could set it off and walk away for a week. AND nothing travelled home with us. Supposedly there are some things you can do like never put your luggage on the carpet (up on the hard surfaced desk) and same with clothes and shoes. Creepy little ######!