Oh, The Insects I've Killed!

Major

Tried to find Hogtown in Gainesville, went to the very northern part by some apartments, and found nothing but muck and mosquitos. So, I went on down a little, down a gravel road that said it ended (it really didn't), found a tributary to hogtown and was practically covered in mosquitos till my dad got me some 'Off'. Once I sprayed it around me and on me, killing everything in sight including one that was still in the midst of blood-sucking, I began sifting through the MOVING (much better) water and was able to find many, many ray teeth, some shark teeth (lemons), a bunch of random unidentified fossils, a clam shell and interesting snail shell, and what I thought at the time to be a fossilized vertebra, but now much doubt it. Will be posting pictures when I can!

Turok1copy.png

Tried to find Hogtown in Gainesville, went to the very northern part by some apartments, and found nothing but muck and mosquitos. So, I went on down a little, down a gravel road that said it ended (it really didn't), found a tributary to hogtown and was practically covered in mosquitos till my dad got me some 'Off'. Once I sprayed it around me and on me, killing everything in sight including one that was still in the midst of blood-sucking, I began sifting through the MOVING (much better) water and was able to find many, many ray teeth, some shark teeth (lemons), a bunch of random unidentified fossils, a clam shell and interesting snail shell, and what I thought at the time to be a fossilized vertebra, but now much doubt it. Will be posting pictures when I can!

No pain. No gain.

Cool, glad you stuck with it. Now we just hope you don't get malaria.

No pain. No gain.

Cool, glad you stuck with it. Now we just hope you don't get malaria.

Heh so do I!

Alright I have a few big and regular sized photos. May fit over a few different posts.

Big:

post-905-1225674819_thumb.jpg

Regular:

post-905-1225674850_thumb.jpg

Turok1copy.png

You sure that scallop isn't fossil?

I like the big/little pic choice; the big (which I can open readily, having DSL), allows me to click/zoom for closeups, and the reduced pics allow slower connections to open them also.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You sure that scallop isn't fossil?

I like the big/little pic choice; the big (which I can open readily, having DSL), allows me to click/zoom for closeups, and the reduced pics allow slower connections to open them also.

Didn't figure it was, could always test it I suppose;

That's exactly the point, I wanted it that way so that anyone could say something like... hey! that's a ______!

You know? So, if you know one or more is a ________ or ________, feel free to let me know!

Turok1copy.png

nice. yeah the creeks can get a little crazy with skeeters. The cooler weather should keep it to a minimum though. you know where the solar system is on 8th? you can find the creeks around there as well.

nice. yeah the creeks can get a little crazy with skeeters. The cooler weather should keep it to a minimum though. you know where the solar system is on 8th? you can find the creeks around there as well.

Yeah past right by the solar system on my way to 53rd

Turok1copy.png