What Died Off

jpbowden

Dinosaurs, ammonites, probably lots more.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

The Wikipedia entry might not be comprehensive enough for your purpose, but it is a broad view, and there are links which might prove useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous%E2...xtinction_event

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Dinosaurs, ammonites, probably lots more.

One class of Dinosaurs survived; most of them taste like chicken.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Alligators?

Aves.

I was surprised to learn Inoceramid oysters didn't make it. They are ubiquitous around here in our Cretaceous deposits.

JP,

One of my favorite books is The Eternal Frontier by Tim Flannery and it describes the ecological history of North America starting at the end of the Cretaceous and with the death of the dinosaurs. It goes into great detail about what did and did not survive and at what locations. It also describes how and when what critters repopulated the continent.

Brian

• I found this Informative 1

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

Thanks Evans, found the book (hardcover) on Amazon for 49 cents in like new and it's on the way.

Keep in mind that plesiosaurs and mosasaurs went extinct as well, and probably other groups of marine reptiles too.

Also, pterosaurs kicked the bucket.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks Evans, found the book (hardcover) on Amazon for 49 cents in like new and it's on the way.

Good find JP,

I found mine in a half-priced book store for just a little more. Let me know how you like it.

Brian

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.