Your Computer Work Station.

mikeymig

post-7046-0-95002700-1363355192_thumb.jpg post-7046-0-57420500-1363354794_thumb.jpg post-7046-0-45901100-1363354805_thumb.jpg

This is my computer station and office at work. I know, I know, it looks like the floorboard in my truck but you know what Albert Einstien said about a cluttered desk, , ""If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"

post-7046-0-98870500-1363354393_thumb.jpg

Besides, check out this study done by the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2088359/Messy-desks-office-actually-lead-employees-think-clearly-say-researchers.html

(Edit) Had to block out some numbers on the post it notes that are stuck to my computer ;) )

Edited by Kehbe

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

I'm not sure about this "study". I worked with a guy who had a messy desk and he was fired because of an unpaid invoice buried under the pile. It cost the company thousands of dollars and he was warned many times about his mess. Also, none of the cute girls in the office would go near his desk but had no problem hanging out at my clean desk and there was room for us to have lunch. You can keep your mess and I will keep my job and more lunch dates for me.;)

Mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

I'm not sure about this "study". I worked with a guy who had a messy desk and he was fired because of an unpaid invoice buried under the pile. It cost the company thousands of dollars and he was warned many times about his mess. Also, none of the cute girls in the office would go near his desk but had no problem hanging out at my clean desk and there was room for us to have lunch. You can keep your mess and I will keep my job and more lunch dates for me. ;)

Mikey

Mikeymig, believe it or not, it's an organized mess and I know where everything is! :) I have had this job and been with this company for 29 1/2 years and haven't missed an invoice yet! If I can make it another 6 months I will be retiring and some other poor soul will inherit it! Besides, my desk does get cleaned off occasionally, at least once a year ;) and the 3 women that work here aren't allowed near it! ;)

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

My work computer station is very ... special !

At first, I haven't any computer at home. You know that my job is "clown", we are a feminine duet clowns and my colleague lives just in the next door, we are on the same landing. She lives since longer that I in this building, and all the professional material is at her home. the clowns's office is at her home. I thus use computers at her home, those which serve me to work every day.

The first station is on a table, I work here every morning :

postet10.jpg

the second station is near the TV, I work on it on the afternoon (you see my colleague) :

postet11.jpg

But we just bought a new portable computer, and I test actualy its fast work. Now it is like that :

postet12.jpg

In several weeks, the one on the back will be installed at my home and will not be any more connected on the web. It will serve me to continue tu use my old files of collections and to work with old softwares that I can't put on the new material.

The portable computer will also be at my home to work, and I shall return to my colleague with to continue to work with it. It is faster than two others, that is why I read TFF above at the moment, to save time !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

By the way, in her drawers, she have her fossil sea urchins collection !

Coco

Edited by Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Kehbe,

That pic of Albert Einstein looks like a spread from Better Homes and Gardens-compared to my workstation. Two computers (sometimes three) and scanners, three microscopes, a camera, wall of books, three desks and a work bench----oh, and my kittycat was here too-but wonder where he went? Funny, I can't find any fossils here except a couple of large chunks of amber. Oh well, guess I ran out of room.

I'd be quite embarassed to show "my fossil space". But I do know where to find things in case they're ever needed. Gotta love the digital fossil world--it's all in an electric box or two-or more.