Headed To A Day In Coryell County,tx.

jpbowden

Well I will be heading out early to check out Coryell County and a couple others up north. There is a depost of Peruviella dolium there the size of mars lemons.

Most are full of dog tooth calcite, anyway will show pics of what I find. Not bragin' but just going to have a chance to get out of the house. MikeD, I think I got to get me a life, wait, I had one now where did I put it. :unsure:

Well I will be heading out early to check out Coryell County and a couple others up north. There is a depost of Peruviella dolium there the size of mars lemons.

Most are full of dog tooth calcite, anyway will show pics of what I find. Not bragin' but just going to have a chance to get out of the house. MikeD, I think I got to get me a life, wait, I had one now where did I put it. :unsure:

Howdy Pat,

Happy hunting and I'll look forward to seeing the pix. MikeD was hunting crystals last week in Arkansas so hopefully I'll see what he got once it's cleaned up!

Owen

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Man I have away's wanted to go there, just never had the chance. I hope he makes a killing.

I see from Cretaceousfossils.com that those are found in the Walnut formation. Hopefully you'll find some cool regular ("fancy") echinoids also.

Hey Lance, some regular echinoids well lots of all kinds but I don't really pick them up, I guess a GPS system is in order to post the cord's for what I leave. I leave them behind because I collect things that did not make is past the K-T and their predators. Because of this I learn a great deal as to why they may be effected EMP's and RMB's, but that is another story all together. I now know why sharks, some oysters etc., and so forth made the cut at the K-T. This all came about because of a Russian radar cleaning crew that replaced the alcohol use to clean their radar disk with gasoline. They were drunk and worked past the time frame the were allowed to be on it, they were fried, but 12 feed below them the helpers were not.

Be that as it may, I will post what I found, and from now on I will give you the stuff I find but don't collect. Strange, but my wife now collects too, this is while I climb. Gives her sometime to do besides calling out to me "Is he going to fall now!", she has pic's.

• I found this Informative 1

...I leave them behind because I collect things that did not make is past the K-T...

:o Dibs on the birds! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Man I have away's wanted to go there, just never had the chance. I hope he makes a killing.

I want to see pics of those myself. Didn't make a killing this time. Got some decent stuff though (I think). Got a lot of cleanup to do to find out for sure.

I hate my avatar!

Why? It is the very essence of studied determination!

I admit that I'd gotten used to thinking of you as an old "Homo simpson", but, hey, if you can't suit yourself with your own avatar, what else is there? :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Here are some pics of things found on this trip. WE put about 300 miles on the van and stopped at any road cut that looked good.

Peruviella dolium

post-749-1226348016_thumb.jpg post-749-1226348054_thumb.jpg

post-749-1226348081_thumb.jpg post-749-1226348105_thumb.jpg

post-749-1226348131_thumb.jpg post-749-1226348156_thumb.jpg

Killer echinoids! Some a little rare for your area...Pedinopsis? Just guessing...

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Thinks I don't know what they are.

post-749-1226348291_thumb.jpg

I've seen similar masses from limestone caverns...

I'm not sure, they all have to be prepped it may be some type of coral. When a rudist dies everything wants to use it for a home, even crabs and shrimp.