Red River Finds In Fannin County

mommabetts

#1. so did you pick this spot just because it's confusing?

#4. "thinking she has lost her mind or never had one."

so which is it? make up your...um, nevermind.

P.S. <saluting all veterans> thanks ever so muchly to all veterans for your service!

As to number 1, yes I like to cause trouble and spread confussion. Number 4 that is still up in the air, it just depends on who you talk to. What happened to 2 and 3? I too wish to thank all of our service men and women for all you have done for our country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 and #3 were apparently pilfered from the post by persons pilfericious, which is pathetically pitiful, probably.

#2 and #3 were apparently pilfered from the post by persons pilfericious, which is pathetically pitiful, probably.

:huh?:

and people who pilfer posts probably ought to be subjected to what i like to refer to as the auspex solution, which i've named after auspex on this auspicious occasion.

auspex solution

Tracer:

I promise, I am not really not trying to confuse you! Actually, some of the terms and other things that you come up with confuse me!!! In fact, I think that I got lost tonight in this post after I posted last night. The reason I usually list the "good old American strata names" or the Texas formation names and then add in Albian, Cenomanian and other international stage names is to provide an age or strata relation point for those people that are from somewhere besides Texas and especially for those people from foreign countries that may have no knowledge of Texas formations or American stage names.

If you really want confusing, the Red River is a good area to provide confusion. South of the Red River, the Washitan age strata are: Duck Creek, Fort Worth, Weno, Pawpaw, Main Street, Grayson and Buda (not exposed this far North). Across the river in Oklahoma, the Washitan strata are the Caddo Formation, Bokchito Formation, Bennington Formation and the Grayson. Just the width of the Red River (which is not really that wide) gives a whole new lexicon of Cretaceous names! In addition, there are a lot of streams, creeks and rivers that empty into the Red River from the Oklahoma side which can carry various Washitan fossils downstream and dump them into the river. On top of that then, you have various streams and creeks from the Texas side that can carry Upper Cretaceous fossils into the river. The Red River has the potential to be a major catch-all location for more resistant fossils from Lower Cretaceous and Upper Cretaceous both! And then on top of that, there are the various Pleistocene and Quaternary vertebrate fossils that can accumulate with the Lower and Upper Cretaceous fossils at some locations.

Actually, the possibilities are beginning to stagger me!!! I quit on this topic! By the way, my thoughts and prayers are also with the past and present veterans where ever they may be.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike, it is hard to explain where these things come from because of the possiblities in that one location. Now maybe people won't think that I am too crazy!!!!!!!!!!

So, can I say my vacuum sucks?

Legitimate question.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

They talk tough, but they're what I use to catch these:

post-423-1226463216_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

auspex - you terrorize poor little birds just to catch other birds?! that's SICK! you should use rats.

also, would you quit posting that picture. #1, i don't have any cool pictures of me holding raptors who play in my band.

also, when i see pictures of you, i always think, "snarge, he does look a bit like richard dreyfus."

which is a bit scary.

auspex - you terrorize poor little birds just to catch other birds?! that's SICK! you should use rats.

Rats are well equipped to defend themselves, which would put the hawks at risk of injury. Amusingly enough, we have experimented with an animatronic "rat"; the raptors ar too smart to fall for that...

The fellow who founded the Cape May project once employed the Native American technique to catch a Golden Eagle; he dug a depression in the soil, lay down in it, and pulled a deer carcass over himself. After a couple days, an eagle finally landed on it to feed and he grabbed it by the legs. Fossil hunters have it soooo easy!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!