Fossil Gallery

Roz

I have been adding some of my pics to the fossil gallery but having some problems...

for sure..

I have several copies of the same pics, and cannot find a delete anywhere to get rid of

the ones I don't want. I also wanted to add what the fossils are but put the pics up on

most of them without an ID, and cannot find an edit button anywhere.

Can anyone guide me to figure out where those things are?:

Welcome to the forum!

I have been adding some of my pics to the fossil gallery but having some problems...

for sure..

I have several copies of the same pics, and cannot find a delete anywhere to get rid of

the ones I don't want. I also wanted to add what the fossils are but put the pics up on

When you find out would you please let me know to, thanks

Well u know those series of _______ for Dummy books? I think I need one.

Like maze in there for me.....

Welcome to the forum!

for sure..

The gallery software has always worked smoothly for me.

Open the image in question. Find the two buttons on the right: "avatar" and "options."

Left-click on "options" to get a drop-down menu which includes "delete" and "edit image" (which is the key to adding info).

It's just following directions from there.

Good luck!

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Well, I sure tried, did get to edit the pics but doesn't let me edit....

That is puzzling, Roz.

Open the image in question. Find the two buttons on the right: "avatar" and "options."

Left-click on "options" to get a drop-down menu which includes "delete" and "edit image" (which is the key to adding info).

Left-click on "edit image" for the text box (with no text or the previously-entered text). Add text here or edit the original text.

Above the text box is a title window to label the image in the gallery (in place of the default image number).

Below the text box is a "browse" window which allows you to replace the original image with a new, improved version.

When all is done to your satisfaction, Left-click on the "edit image" button at the bottom of the page.

If this doesn't work for you, Roz, I have no idea what may be wrong.

What seest thou else

Click on my albums in the header of the forum. Select the image you want to get rid of.

post-916-1226624193_thumb.jpgI think this is what Harry is referring to it.

If it doesn't work, maybe you need to update your browser. (This would be a shot in the dark.)

Hope that helps.

It gets confusing because one way shows your last added fossil LARGE and another way shows all the fossils at once and the editing feature isn't consistant. Gallery and Albums are two different animals and navigating to and between is squirelly.

hang on, i'll figure it out. <worming into control cabinet, fiddling around with things> well, here's your problem right here! the gyroscopic frizwidget needed renoberation. there, that oughta do it. <wandering off, looking satisfied> it's miller time...

actually, i'd love to help, but i'm allergic to configurations.

plus i'm scared of these kinds of places. how do i know it's not a shooting gallery..

It gets confusing because one way shows your last added fossil LARGE and another way shows all the fossils at once and the editing feature isn't consistant. Gallery and Albums are two different animals and navigating to and between is squirelly.

I don't get the squirrelly effect you suggest, 'LanceHall.' I just accessed the same image from both the Gallery and from MyAlbums and there was no difference in edit function. I think that 'Roz' has it figured out now.

What seest thou else

There were several things going on

in there. One, my view in one entry is so large that I did not see

the avatar and options. I literally had to scroll way to the right, and there

it was.

Just wanted to thank you all for your help!!! :D

Tracer, it is very wise on your part to never enter the gallery!

It is only open a few hours, several days a week, and if u try the wrong day, then

a citation will have to be issued. I am so sorry to have to notify you of this... :P

Welcome to the forum!

It is only open a few hours, several days a week, and if u try the wrong day, then

a citation will have to be issued. I am so sorry to have to notify you of this... :P

And if you're going to get locked into one at closing time, let it be a fool's gallery and not a rogue's gallery.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Two different animals....your new avatar is one of the coolest pics I've seen of yours. Much better...I'll take two,please. B)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

There were several things going on

in there. One, my view in one entry is so large that I did not see

the avatar and options. I literally had to scroll way to the right, and there

it was.

Just wanted to thank you all for your help!!! :D

Hi Roz I tried what Harry P said and it worked, just just a little time for the changes to show up

Thanks H.P.

Hi Roz I tried what Harry P said and it worked, just just a little time for the changes to show up

Thanks H.P.

Glad it worked for you. Works now for me too...

I will say my biggest problem with my computer is the person sitting in front of it.

Welcome to the forum!

...my biggest problem with my computer is the person sitting in front of it.

The digital triad are hardware, software, and wetware. The first two are usually the most reliable...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!