Inversand Marl Pit Trip

flyguy784

Received an E mail from the organizer of this trip, thought someone may be interested. Copied and pasted the info here for anyone that might be. I'm signed up, sounds like a good opportunity.

Hello Friends,

We still have spaces left on the Inversand Fossil Collecting Trip. It's a world-class site, closed to the public, and very few people get the opportunity to collect fossils there. I hope you can join us!

Inversand Fossil Collecting Trip

Saturday, November 22nd, 2008

Join us as we collect fossils in the last working marl mine in New Jersey. Dr. David Parris, Curator of Paleontology at The New Jersey State Museum, will lead this fabulous trip. The site is Cretaceous. We'll find shark teeth and vertebrae, Enchodus (saber-toothed salmon) teeth, brachiopods, oysters, coral, sponges and hopefully ammonites, turtle scutes, and crocodile bones and teeth. Who knows - maybe we'll even find a hadrosaur! Sorry - everyone MUST be at least 12 years old to go into the mine.

Cost: $40 per person

FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER FOR THESE TRIPS, PLEASE E-MAIL CATHY@FOSSILANDNATURETRIPS.COM OR CALL

610-209-0758.

Gotta' work; not enough time to make other arrangements :(

<sound of gnashing teeth>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!