North Sulfur River Today

R_Case

I think we had a great day! I found a good shark tooth and a fossilized bone with bite marks or cut marks!

Randy

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

I think we had a great day! I found a good shark tooth and a fossilized bone with bite marks or cut marks!

Randy

Post some pictures!

Every complex scientific problem has an elegant and simple solution... and it is wrong.

Here are some pictures of the bone and tooth Randy found! The bite marks are really awesome.The bone is very heavy for it's size.post-417-1226883458_thumb.jpgpost-417-1226884041_thumb.jpg

Aw, Man, the chew toy is GREAT!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Oh yes, I really had a lot of fun meeting everyone and finding fossils (and cool rocks). Sure was neat getting to talk to everyone in person!

My husband stayed on the banks finding sharks teeth, which he loves. If he had just found one, he would have been happy the rest of the day. Instead he found MANY.

We found some verts, baculites, ammonite pieces (thanks snakekeeper64), bone, shark and fish teeth, flint scraper, and others. Check out these pics!

post-891-1226886321_thumb.jpg

post-891-1226886345_thumb.jpg

post-891-1226886372_thumb.jpg

post-891-1226886397_thumb.jpg

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

Here is a large file of the first in my group for that want a larger view.

post-891-1226886538_thumb.jpg

Here is snakekeeper's photo of a tooth he found

post-891-1226886653_thumb.jpg

post-891-1226886684_thumb.jpg

post-891-1226886706_thumb.jpg

Nice finds! I love the variety ya'll have there. So whats the mammal looking tooth on the left center of the big picture.

Dan

You guys did good! I see someone found a mosasaur vert looks like..

I love the red ammos and baculite too

Welcome to the forum!

Way to go guys. I'll have to get over that way before the end of winter.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Me and my husband...well, actually my husband, found three mososaur verts, three fish or shark verts. The mammal tooth is: The big one, I believe from horse...but not sure. There is another one, a little smaller right next to the large one, I believe it is also horse. Snakekeeper found a lot of shark teeth and gave me a couple and my husband mostly stayed up on the banks finding sharks teeth. He found two really small sharks teeth too. We really had a great day and it wasnt too cold once we got to looking.

There is also another fossil we found that is something...not sure...but looks like a possible fish fin of some sort. It is the black square thing in the middle of the large pic. I will try to get closeups later.

That chewed up bone Randy found is awesome! I kept telling him it was Bigfoot's chew toy.

It was great fun today! It was great to meet everyone.The highlight of the day was when Screweduptexan fell on her bum in the mud!

There was gravel everywhere at the spots we were looking at.Thanks Mommabetts for taking us there!Ok, when is the next trip? :D

....The highlight of the day was when Screweduptexan fell on her bum in the mud!

What, no picture? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow , some good stuff there .

We were out there Wednesday , did not find much , still looking for that skull .

Need more rain to expose more fossils .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Me and my husband...well, actually my husband, found three mososaur verts, three fish or shark verts. The mammal tooth is: The big one, I believe from horse...but not sure. There is another one, a little smaller right next to the large one, I believe it is also horse. Snakekeeper found a lot of shark teeth and gave me a couple and my husband mostly stayed up on the banks finding sharks teeth. He found two really small sharks teeth too. We really had a great day and it wasnt too cold once we got to looking.

There is also another fossil we found that is something...not sure...but looks like a possible fish fin of some sort. It is the black square thing in the middle of the large pic. I will try to get closeups later.

Cow lower molar

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I agree with danwoehr....the mammal tooth is a cow lower molar (possibly Bison...but not likely). The other mammal tooth is probably a piece of cow tooth as well. Other than that...nice finds! Oh...the little curved bits at the very top, center of your larger picture are the tubes of a serpulid polychaete worm - Hamulus onyx in case you didn't already know.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Thanks Dan for the ID. Yes...there were worm tubes everywhere. I picked up several for reference...even found one of the guy's shoe. :) There were everywhere.

Still curious as to what the black square thing is in the middle...I will get better pics later.

And GEE THANKS snakekeeper...I know you enjoyed watching me fall flat on my bum. You and Shen were laughing at me. I still dont know how it happened...

Also, Mommabetts, thanks for taking us to that spot. We really enjoyed it and I can't wait til the next trip too.

No pic, but we also got to see what a chupacabra looks like first hand. Ewww!

Yes, there was a dead dog at the end of the trip that looked alot like a Chupacabra.Should have taken some pics....Oh well!

The black piece that is in the picture seems like a fin section of a fish.I hope you can get a closeup of it.Maybe an X fish piece?

B

How many people showed up?

Me and my son would have been there, but we were out practicing with our dirt track car. :D

Lyle

Nice finds! Me and the family were there on saturday. We stayed under the 34 bridge because of the mud. It was our first trip there and we were not prepared. we did get lucky and find a few shark teeth, some shark teeth fragments, baculite pieces, and a couple of bone fragments as well. It was alot of fun! It was a cold day saturday but not too bad down in the river. I would love to maybe meet up with you all on the next trip. I can't wait to explore further down the river and venture off the beaten path.