Brazos River 11-17-08

MilesofTx

Several teeth and a bunch of bone shards...were you surface collecting, or screening?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Several teeth and a bunch of bone shards...were you surface collecting, or screening?

Surface. Same spot I have been a few times. the rain helped a bunch I think.

Way to go Miles. Now get ready to rent some space for some more amazing fossils.You are off to a good start!

B

We can either build a baby room or fossil room. still thinking.

more horse, another gator piece looks like, and some turtle, plus miscellaneous unidentifiable stuff. not a bad day, i don't think.

build the baby room. kids are waaaay more important than fossils.

i like the pictures of your finds, plus i like your posts. and i've stayed away from that location since you're hunting it. but i do love the brazos. and san felipe is sort of a different place. have you seen the mammoth teeth and other fossils in that little museum in san felipe? the people there are quite proud of the town's heritage.

more horse, another gator piece looks like, and some turtle, plus miscellaneous unidentifiable stuff. not a bad day, i don't think.

i like the pictures of your finds, plus i like your posts. and i've stayed away from that location since you're hunting it. but i do love the brazos. and san felipe is sort of a different place. have you seen the mammoth teeth and other fossils in that little museum in san felipe? the people there are quite proud of the town's heritage.

Come on out Tracer I'm sure you could teach me plenty. I have not been to the museum, but I will check it out.

P.S. good call on the gator bone. It has the same small holes as the other peice I have, so I think it is gator.

P.P.S ok kids are better.

...kids are waaaay more important than fossils...

...even though the prep-time averages 18 years or more. :blink:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Auspex...please quit reminding me...sheesh! :P

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

I'm prepping this one to be a paleontologist. She already likes to read the fossil forum.

post-916-1226971812_thumb.jpg

We can either build a baby room or fossil room. still thinking.

Your woman is going to throw those teeth at you if you let her hear that! :faint:

Nice haul.

damage control alright...the reason I havnt bought anything nice and brandnew in a LONG time....

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

I'm prepping this one to be a paleontologist. She already likes to read the fossil forum.

post-916-1226971812_thumb.jpg

You have a very beautiful little girl, I bet you don't spoil her either. Cherish her while you can, they don't stay little long. I have 6 and would do it all over again, but with more.