Maryland/virginia Localities?

njcreekhunter

Hey everyone. Once a year me, my brother, and father take a trip to calvert cliffs and spend a few days there. We usually go to brownies beach/bayfront park, the potomac to look for paleocene fossils, and sometimes we go to flag ponds. I've found some nice megs and other teeth at brownies and have a few nice otodus from the potomac. This year we were thinking of trying westmoreland state park in virginia. We were wondering if it's worth it to go there? We're hoping to go to a spot where we have the best shot at finding a larger meg. Any other spots you guys can recommend? Thank you very much for any help you can give.

The legally accessible beach at Westmoreland is very limited, and gets hit pretty hard. Still, there are nice fossils to be found, but luck plays as big a role as skill and experience. As tempting as it may be, do not trespass on the Stratford Hall beach; it is patrolled, and they arrest.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Westmoreland is a beautiful campground. I've found a few nice teeth and some whale bone there but it is a limited collecting site. The 'museum' is interesting.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.