What Is Crab?

maxfossil

Hi MB.

Thank you for interest!

I read publications PORTUNIDS NEW FOSSILS FROM WASHINGTON ..... of C.E.Schweitzer & R.M.Feldmann J.Paleont.74 (4), 2000, pp.636-653 and NEW EOCENE DECAPODS ..... C. E. Schweitzer & R. M. J. Feldmann of Crustacean Biology 22 (4) ,938-967, 2002.

and if I did not understand the Minoellenus triangulum and Maeandricampus triangulum are the same crab!

P.S. In Italy we have mutual friends (Riccardo A., Andrea D.A. di Vicenza). ;)

Ciao Massimo,

Here is the exact Maeandricampus reference:

Schweitzer, C.E. and R.M. Feldmann (2002) New Eocene decapods (Thalassinidea and Brachyura) from Southern California. Journal of Crustacean Biology 22(4): 938-967

Have a nice day :)

Yes maxfosil, in your first picture is the claw of the shrimp Callianopsis Clallamensis (Male). In the second picture you have what is quite rare most of the body of the shrimp, the claw from the male Callianopsis Clallamensis , then the claw of the female Callianopsis Twinensis.

Both of these were collected at Twin rivers in the Physt formation dated approxamatly 28 million years old. I have been lucky enough to have collected three nearly complete shrimp out there in 6 years. Unfortunately they were stolen but I hope that I will be lucky enough to find more.

here is a link to some more information

Callianopsis

I am sorry for theft! :(

Many thanks for the useful details.

Massimo

Ciao Massimo,

Here is the exact Maeandricampus reference:

Schweitzer, C.E. and R.M. Feldmann (2002) New Eocene decapods (Thalassinidea and Brachyura) from Southern California. Journal of Crustacean Biology 22(4): 938-967

Have a nice day :)

Hola Alex,

thanks for the reference!

I see if I find somewhere.

to the next!!!!!

Yes, very nice shrimps there guys! I tried for years to find a complete one and have also been to the Physt a few times. My one and only complete one was actually given to me because the guy didnt have any prep tools, but it came from the Mt Shasta area. It was my lucky day. And im also sad to hear about the theft. Vote me in for Dictator and there will be no more prisons either. Ha!!!

RB