Tooth Hunting Today

jimmy1971

Well, I had the day off today so I thought I would get out and do some tooth hunting. I had a great day! Found a creek in far north Texas, put the rubber boots on and began sifting. I found many tiny shark teeth using the sifter and a few larger ones on my hands and knees looking through the gravel. I also found a bunch of partial teeth and alot that were wore down quite a bit, but being my first tooth hunt, I was amazed at the luck I was having. I spent about 4 hrs in that creek. If it wasn't for the sun going down, I'd probably still be there. Below are some pics of todays haul.

Oh....I almost forgot....The place is guarded by a "Shark Tooth Vampire" so BEWARE! I had to bribe him with chocalate donuts.

post-1003-1227579682_thumb.jpg

post-1003-1227579838_thumb.jpg

post-1003-1227579866_thumb.jpg

That's terrific! And your "guard vampire" is too funny; great pic!

(Save it, it might come in handy in 10 or 12 years...) :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

that's a pretty cute vampire. sounds like you've gotten bitten by the collecting bug pretty hard. you found a fairly good variety of teeth. the matrix they originated from was perhaps fissile material (Eagle Ford?) that caused a lot of the breakage over the millions of years, if it wasn't caused by the water tumbling getting to where you found them.

a good day

It looks like you had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice finds you have there. I have to say that I like the vampire the best though, he is just too cute.

Well, I had the day off today so I thought I would get out and do some tooth hunting. I had a great day! Found a creek in far north Texas, put the rubber boots on and began sifting. I found many tiny shark teeth using the sifter and a few larger ones on my hands and knees looking through the gravel. I also found a bunch of partial teeth and alot that were wore down quite a bit, but being my first tooth hunt, I was amazed at the luck I was having. I spent about 4 hrs in that creek. If it wasn't for the sun going down, I'd probably still be there. Below are some pics of todays haul.

Oh....I almost forgot....The place is guarded by a "Shark Tooth Vampire" so BEWARE! I had to bribe him with chocalate donuts.

Great days finds for a quick trip. Could be a site worth returning to

Love the vampire! How clever! I agree with Auspex, save it for when he gets older!

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.