White Pen?

Wrangellian

Thanks Auspex. Is paraloid similar to butvar? I have some butvar.

Butvar will do just fine; mix it pretty thin.

This is more time & effort than just writing on the specimens, but when writing directly on them doesn't work... ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

BTW, be sure your ink is not soluble in your Butvar mix before you get too far along!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Butvar will do just fine; mix it pretty thin.

This is more time & effort than just writing on the specimens, but when writing directly on them doesn't work... ;)

Thanks. Will do. I can write on the root of many teeth but not all.

I found this pen not too long ago and have been using it with no problems so far. It says 'pigment ink' which I believe to be what I need for archival purposes, and although it is a ballpoint it goes onto rough surfaces quite well. I guess one could apply a dab of glue or paint first if that ever becomes a problem, but so far it hasn't - the worst that ever happens is I have to dab a number of times until the ink starts flowing, but that's still a lot easier than using a small paintbrush. Maybe I will also apply a clear coating (eg. diluted Weldbond glue) on top of the ink to protect it, if and when I get around to it.

post-4372-0-53708200-1405497651_thumb.jpg