Sc Trip Results

Oh-Man

I got a little help from the forum, but when it's the right help that's all you need!

Thanks Rob - the extended Charleston area sure was interesting and fun!!!

To back up a little, the forum helped put me in contact with some folks that were willing to offer some guidance on hunting in the Charleston area.

Ended up in a creek area doing some sifting for a couple of hours. It was 26 degrees the night before so luckily some wading boots were handy.

I could have spent all day there I'm sure, but really didn't need to. I brought back a plate full of teeth and a couple of pounds of gravel. My kids started on the gravel once I got back to Texas and pulled out another 40 teeth so far, with more to go.

Pix are attached although a bit fuzzy - sorry folks - maybe I'll get a camera for Christmas!

post-549-1227675574_thumb.jpg

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Nice shootin', Tex!

Any of those long bones hollow?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Oh-man! Those are some nice teeth! Seriously, I had a great time meeting you and swapping fossil info. Once again, thanks for the Texas material. I believe I got a Cretaceous thresher from the clay. Whenever you come back to the Charleston area, my door is always open.

Have you been able to identify most of the S.C. material yet?

-Rob C.

Nice shootin', Tex!

Any of those long bones hollow?

I have a partial bone I found in S.D. I t vis about 2" long and broken. when I return home I'll send a pic. I t is hollow, but I was wonderering, does that mean bird or could the marrow just be gone ?

I have a partial bone I found in S.D. I t vis about 2" long and broken. when I return home I'll send a pic. I t is hollow, but I was wonderering, does that mean bird or could the marrow just be gone ?

Thin-walled and hollow = bird (or some therapod dinos).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 weeks later...
Thin-walled and hollow = bird (or some therapod dinos).

Well these ones would not be dino bones, but none were hollow anyway...

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"