Post Oak Creek

brazosbound

Hi. We were in Dallas for the Tutankhamun exhibit and did some last minute fossil hunting at the NSR and Post Oak Creek. We had zero luck at the NSR, but were limited in how far we were willing to go, but had a blast anyway. It took us awhile to find a good Post Oak Creek access but when we did (w help from mommabetts) we found some cool stuff. Only had about 45 min when we reached the creek, but here's most of what we found. I think the lower right is a vertebrae, not sure what (if anything) is under the quarter, and the oysters all had top and bottom shells.

post-980-1227923696_thumb.jpg

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. -FDR

...here's most of what we found....post-980-1227923696_thumb.jpg

I wonder whether the 4th tooth from the left might not be Enchodus?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice finds you have there. I don't think that one is a vert, maybe a scute but I can't tell for sure, need a close up of it. Nice teeth, I do agree with Auspex on the 4th one. The rest look like all shark. Not bad at all.

We googled up Enchodus, the kids really loved it. I think the 2 bigger teeth are scapanorhynchus texanus, we id'd it from a book we bought on a DPS field trip called "Fossil Sharks and Rays."

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. -FDR