Florida Vacation Where To Fossil? Help

cfin1974

Hello. I am going to florida sunday. We are staying at Disney. Where do u guys recommend that I can go fossiling.. I like shark teeth megs or makos great whites etc.. Safe places are better so I don't become an alligator meal. closer to orlando the better but I will travel. Thanks guys Chris

assuming you will be traveling on 195 you should stop at green mill run and summerville!

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Water in rivers is very high right now and it looks like we have a tropical depression coming through the same time you are so rivers and creeks are probably a no go. Beach/shore hunting may be optimal because the passage of rough water may stir up some new stuff. I think my spots are too far to go, especially with poor weather predicted.

Depending how long you're staying, my best guess for these conditions is Yankeetown at the mouth of the Withlacoochee, Honeymoon Island and going to the movies.

Florida is home to the shark tooth capital- Venice Beach. It's known for the shark teeth it produces, you can find a good bit of info if you google it. But the bad news is, it's about 135 miles from Orlando which is pretty far, I haven't heard of any other public hunting spots in Florida but there may be a few spots out there.

Edited by AmazoniteJosh