Anyone Up For A Hunt On Saturday?

R_Case

Well we had a great time ,but there were lots of footprints up and down the river.Kinda slim pickings.We did manage to gather an assortment of interesting things. I still love the variety of material to be found at the NSR.post-417-1228611667_thumb.jpg

yes, we had fun and found quite a variety of interesting fossils. I love the mos tooth "I" found. Ask snakekeeper about that :) Most of all, I think we all just had a great time. As usual, Shen (my husband) was billygoating the sides for shark teeth and came back with several.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

I love the mos tooth "I" found. Ask snakekeeper about that :)

Ok all you fossil hunters, here is a golden rule not to be broken.Even if you have plenty of broken and partial sharks teeth at home....................and you see what looks like a broken shark tooth among the gravel on a bar.You decide not to pick it up because you are sure that you have plenty of them at home and you just leave it laying there, but you decide to show it to someone to gloat.Well I crawled a little more ahead and left Ellie to investigate the broken tooth. She picked it up and it was a very nice Mosasaur tooth........... :o Golden Rule .....pick up everything you see!!!!

For slim pickings, you still found some cool stuff. Nice coup de fossile, Ellie!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I love the mos tooth "I" found. Ask snakekeeper about that :)

Ok all you fossil hunters, here is a golden rule not to be broken.Even if you have plenty of broken and partial sharks teeth at home....................and you see what looks like a broken shark tooth among the gravel on a bar.You decide not to pick it up because you are sure that you have plenty of them at home and you just leave it laying there, but you decide to show it to someone to gloat.Well I crawled a little more ahead and left Ellie to investigate the broken tooth. She picked it up and it was a very nice Mosasaur tooth........... :o Golden Rule .....pick up everything you see!!!!

Barry - bummer - reminds me of a couple of months ago when a friend found I nice arrow head a couple of steps after I had walked right over it. :drool:

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Well guys it looks like ya'll had a good dy. Sorry I couldn't make it, was sitting at the vet at 8.30 that morning. Maybe next time. It looks like we maybe getting some good rain up here starting tonight and then back up close to 70 this weekend.

As a newbie to all this.....I will definitely remember this! "Golden Rule .....pick up everything you see!!!!" Thanks snakekeeper! Words to live by.

As a newbie to all this.....I will definitely remember this! "Golden Rule .....pick up everything you see!!!!" Thanks snakekeeper! Words to live by.

Someone told me the same thing when I first started, they had a similar experience as described above, so we pick it up and if it turns out to be nothing so be it.

Looks good on this past weekend finds. I plan to make it over there sometime, before they turn it into a lake.

Looks good on this past weekend finds. I plan to make it over there sometime, before they turn it into a lake.

How bout this Saturday???? :D

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I do, especially if I've had to travel a good distance to collect. If it looks like it might be a fossil, artifact, crystal, something buried in matrix, or whatever else I am interested in, I take it home and sort it out later. Of course you wind up with a lot of yard rocks, but those don't grow naturally here anyway, so I can always use them.

Join the ranks of the human vacuum cleaners, just a bunch of Kirby's. Well, except for MikeD, hummm, maybe a Hoover.

Join the ranks of the human vacuum cleaners, just a bunch of Kirby's. Well, except for MikeD, hummm, maybe a Hoover.

Paleovac 9000, with a HEPA filter.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Anyone want to get together Saturday for a hunt. I'm up for almost any location. I mainly go to the North Sulpher River. I always up for new place and faces.

Randy,

Is Saturday open to anyone? If so, where are your going, and where is 34 bridge. I'm in McKinney at Stonebridge. PW

Randy,

Is Saturday open to anyone? If so, where are your going, and where is 34 bridge. I'm in McKinney at Stonebridge. PW

Pw, this thread is from Dec 2nd.We already took the trip.And yes the trips are open to anyone. :)

Barry