What Is This

lizardG

I'm trying to learn as fast as I canthe info supplied by senior members is awesome, thanks all. Any help will be greatly appreciated.post-12311-0-93006700-1375039794_thumb.jpgpost-12311-0-79638500-1375039854_thumb.jpgpost-12311-0-40851700-1375039997_thumb.jpg

To me, it looks like a piece of a nice geode. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yes indeed. Most geodes typically have a banded chalcedony or agate exterior and a crystalline lining that's quartz or some variant thereof.

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

Did you find this or did you purchase it? If you found it, were there others? There's some potential for nice lapidary material and for specimens.

I found it on the place we live. No others so far but I look daily for PW. So far in the last six months I've collected almost three milk crates of varying sizes. The largest about 20lbs. Every day my friend and I feed about 20 race horses in varying pastures and there seems to be an infinite supply of Petrified Wood. I'll post more pics soon.