Things To Do With "junk" Fossils

Bev

Nice! Anyone would be proud to have such a selection in their indoor collection, and you're putting stuff like that in the garden! Must be good collecting sites in your area.

Northstar, another beautiful example of combining fossils and plants. Thank You! This would also be gorgeous with inside plants if you have the room. I really like the idea of a fossil collection garden - a coral garden in your case. I have all of my recepts in one place in the garden. I don't have enough corals where I could put them out - yet. :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

This is a large Dactylioceras Tenuicostatum Ammonite with a poor center so it's now a garden ornament, i am thinking of drilling the middle out, inserting a small hose and creating a water fountain,i think it will make a better water feature than a little cherub holding his !!!!!!!!!!!!

post-11208-0-97319300-1380385626_thumb.jpg

Dave

Beach Boy, Ha! ha! Go for it. Are there boy and girl ammonites?

I carried a 50lb ( or so ) rock out of the badlands once...it was just scooped out enough to make it a dribbling small fountain in my native cactus garden. We must all have some weird obsession.

• 2 months later...

This is a lemonade from lemons indoor water garden after the aquarium that I was keeping my pond fish in started leaking the day after Thanksgiving. For me, the fossils just made the whole scene come together.

post-9628-0-77899100-1386357156_thumb.jpg

Maclurites

post-9628-0-96699000-1386357190_thumb.jpg

Two Maclurites and a cephalopod in the water that the pond fairy is looking down on.

post-9628-0-76762900-1386357243_thumb.jpg

A cobalt blue wine bottle, partially weighted, held in place by a ceph, a brach hash plate, and a Cambrian rock with "popper rings" that remind me of fairy rings.

For more pics, go here:

http://www.bluffcountryfossils.com/blog/fossils-and-an-interior-water-garden/

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

Here is a post on Fairy Gardens and Small Junk Fossils:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/42558-fairy-gardens-small-junk-fossils/

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

• 1 month later...

post-9628-0-81146200-1389739544_thumb.jpg

So I have had this aquarium with a male and female Betta set up for a while now. No ill effects to the fish.

I put a partially finished prepping project in there as I don't know what the fossil in front is and it is too nice to just toss. Maclurites sp. of course, And a ceph that is too nice for the garden but not nice enough to display.

I know there is a lot of hesitation about putting fossilized rock in aquariums with water, but heck, they are just rocks. :D

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

As long as they are surplus and you don't mind them getting wet, dirty from algae or fish $***, perhaps a little softened and etched from any possible acids, why not?! :fingers crossed: