Internet Explorer Locking Up When I Try To Upload Pictures

galaxy777

Hello,

I am having trouble uploading pictures to a new topic.

When I upload a picture, it shows that it is loading, but as soon as it finishes, it just stops and my browser locks up.

A pop up shows that the website is not responding, and closes the tab when it can't find a solution.

The picture size that I am trying to load is 1.7mb

I'm running IE 10, and have Flash Player 11 installed.

I tried the basic uploader, and the same thing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

What is the file size of the image? What you are describing is often the result of pictures that are too big; edit them to a maximum of 2MB, and no larger than 12" in any dimension.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thank you Auspex! It worked!

I didn't realize I had the picture big enough to fit on the wide side of a barn..

post-12130-0-48517600-1375207271_thumb.jpg

Beautiful ammonite! Probably Placenticeras if you're in the Eagle Ford. And all that growth, maybe worm tubes?

Thank you Bob. Yes, from what you have taught me about the Eagle Ford formation within Choctaw Creek, I'm sure that is it. You have been so helpful.

I wasn't sure about the growth being worm tubes, or if it was just calcite. There were several septarian nodule's around the same area.