Fossil Display!

Guest Nicholas

Yes, thats what I want. I'm making my own and I wanted to get some ideas.

Good luck; the domed glass part looks, um, hard to make!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

you know, on the actual glass ones of those, they're not all that great. they were invented a long time ago, and i've had some and still do, but lately i've been far more enamored of the display containers made for various types of sports memorabilia. they're safer, since most of them aren't glass, and you can stack some of them, and they'd be cheaper. they make them in lots of different sizes and shapes since sports memorabilia comes in different sizes and shapes. you could get very creative with them. i've got stuff in everything from baseball card clear plastic boxes to golf-ball cubes, to baseball cubes, to basketball cubes to...wait, you probably have the idea by now, huh? <blushing>

with the glass dome things, the glass just sits in a groove on the base, and the glass part is kind of "top heavy" and would be easy to accidently knock over and break. just a thought.

Guest Nicholas
Good luck; the domed glass part looks, um, hard to make!

I'm going for a square plastic cube. I buy easily, I'll be making the base.

Guest Nicholas
you can buy the glass domes at hobby lobby for like 30 bucks for the big ones

I'd need a smaller one, but I'll look into that. I'll pick out out over the next few days then build a base to suit.

I have some ( size uknown tonight) I bougth a $$ store with what ever inside (plastic)

Landfill??