Crab From Heck !

RJB

I guy (RJB or MB) I would like to know how you would prep something like this :Dpost-310-1229050455_thumb.jpg

I personally use boiling water with a special blend of chemicals. Unfortunately, the amount of time the specimen remains intact is inversely proportional to the degree of skill by the preparator.

Brent Ashcraft

PS, here in Missouri the clawed things don't get quite so large, we call them crawdads.

ashcraft, brent allen

I guy (RJB or MB) I would like to know how you would prep something like this :Dpost-310-1229050455_thumb.jpg

Grampa, the way that you prep the lobster is perfect for me, I love this, but if you want a little bit more elaborated recipe, common in my mediterranean zone, is with soup rice, first of all, you must kill the beast, later you must to fry them a little bit, reserve it , later fry a llttle bit the cuttelfish, the vegetables, and later you add the boiling fish stock and the rice... 10 minutes later it is ready.

If do you want... I have a lot of photos of the event.... :P

ok, look, rjb - i found a nodule that pretty much has to have the perfect crab in it somewhere. i've gotten it loose from the rest of the matrix, and now i just need you to prep out the crab(s)...

nodule

ok, look, rjb - i found a nodule that pretty much has to have the perfect crab in it somewhere. i've gotten it loose from the rest of the matrix, and now i just need you to prep out the crab(s)...

I think we need a bigger air-scribe!

post-423-1229183452_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

nodule

Man I can't wait to see the crab in that, I bet it will set a world record!!!!!!!!!! I want to see you pay shipping cost to get it to RJB!!!!!!!!! :P

nodule

Ha!! Good one. Most crabs I can get prepped from 1 to 4 days, but that one looks like it will take a week!!! Hahahahah!!!

RB

Grampa, the way that you prep the lobster is perfect for me, I love this, but if you want a little bit more elaborated recipe, common in my mediterranean zone, is with soup rice, first of all, you must kill the beast, later you must to fry them a little bit, reserve it , later fry a llttle bit the cuttelfish, the vegetables, and later you add the boiling fish stock and the rice... 10 minutes later it is ready.

If do you want... I have a lot of photos of the event.... :P

Sounds bueno. Now I'm hungry..... I'm going to lunch.

So how did you know there was a crab in there to begin with?

Its rather simple realy. Where the legs come out to the edges of the rock you can see little brown colored circles. The part thats a bit harder is figuring out what is dorsal/ventral.

RB