Last Trip To Whiskey Bridge! Conus Heaven!

silverphoenix

Went again yesterday and found a TON of conus!!! I doubled my conus collection in just a couple of hours---evidently this new spot I tried had some sort of conus bonanza at the time and for some reason they all died within inches of each other. I took a picture of a couple in the wall, but I got so excited that I forgot to take pictures of the rest XD Anyways, I'm including some pictures of the site too.

P1000279.jpg

P1000290.jpg

P1000292.jpg

P1000289.jpg

Here's the haul:

CIMG2808.jpg

CIMG2809.jpg

I found this new species--I have no idea what it is--coral???

CIMG2815.jpg

The conus shells are EXTREMELLY fragile and tedious to extract--here's close ups of the repair work I had to do--One conus was in 8 pieces, the other was in 7--well the shell lips were that is:

CIMG2813.jpg

CIMG2810.jpg

What a great trip, and thanks for the pics! (Now I know what W.B. looks like).

'Fraid I can't help with the mystery item...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

looks like you're digging right around where tj likes to dig. i brought some of the glauconite matrix from there home one time and dumped it in the front yard. i like to do that with stuff. put some lamproite matrix from crater of diamonds state park in arkansas in the front yard too. plenty of rocks, fossils, quartz crystal, petrified wood big lightning whelks, etc. in the yard too. don't want too much in the yard, though. lately been keeping things where they're found, and hoping for the best for them. it's a dog-eat-dog world, and you gotta raise them fossils right and teach 'em to fend for themselves sometimes...

tj helps me figure out which things i'll feel too bad about if i leave 'em lay. so far he's done pretty well at it.